My A2 1.4 SE

Nice one,

It is great when people post pictures of their car, I like the pride of ownership that is possible with an A2!!!!

Well done.

By the way, I used to know someone who's nickname was Jigsaw, he went to pieces!!! (sorry)

Steve B

Last edited:
So clean and shiny!

Is there any reason to hide the plate number on the photos?
I always thought the photos of the cars with the plates could be good to have published, as an additional insurance.

My boys and I have some fine guitars, almost all of them can be found on the guitar fora, both photos and serial numbers.
Save me a lot of insurance money :)

The blanking out of number plates relates to the so called "cloning" of vehicles in the UK Darko. Car thieves can sometimes use vehicle registrations they see in photos and ads to put on stolen vehicles to hide the fact that they are stolen.

Ta
Dave

The blanking out of number plates relates to the so called "cloning" of vehicles in the UK Darko. Car thieves can sometimes use vehicle registrations they see in photos and ads to put on stolen vehicles to hide the fact that they are stolen.

Ta
Dave

Thanks, Dave. So that's why!

Over here, we can send any car plate number we see on the road, or sales adds, as an sms to the service connected to the central data base and receive a complete info: the owners name, place of registration, car brand and model year, last and next EU-control.

Is it possible to do this in UK?

Jigsaw's Silver is very nice, maybe the car should be cloned, not the plates :)

Last edited:
The cloning problem is not as much of an issue as it used to be, possibly due to ANPR - the Police use the automatic number plate recognition system to detect unlawful use of motor vehicles on our roads, and yes - we do have access to certain information as you described (MOT dates, ins write off, date of registration, mileage) but not the owners name and address. Thats covered by something called " data protection" and is normally only accessible by the Police, DVLA etc.

Ta
Dave
:)

Last edited:
Understand, thanks!

I hope the moderators can delete these posts which disturb Jigsaw's thread!

Sorry about the hijacking, Jigsaw!

Sorry for the swerve Gary and thankyou for posting the photos - your car is looking luvly !. :)

Thanks Guys, dave n darko

she always looks well just after a bath but as you know it dosnt take long to look mucky again, just glad shes not black :rolleyes:
as found thats the worst colour to keep clean, where silvers and whites seem to look clean a lot longer.

Regards Gary

A very nicely kept example you have Jigsaw. Looks very much like my A2's winter wheel and colour combination. Except that Klaudia has colour coded sill trims all round and a black interior. The 15"s are a little bit more twitchy when you put your foot down, but with winter tyres when the temperature drops all the grip is still there for you when needed. Keep her looking her best. Because she's worth it :)

Klaudia has colour coded sill trims all round and a black interior. The 15"s are a little bit more twitchy when you put your foot down,)

Any Pics drew as sounds nice,
Thanks she's getting better all the time and just the bodywork left now, looks and rides good "bar me sliding around between the bolsters" so some upgrades for the front seats would be my next port of call and cruise if i keep her.

Back