My first A2?

GPW

Hello all,
I have just bought my first A2 tdi. I have been toying with the idea for a few years but never got round to it. 6 months ago I set myself a targe of what I was looking for.

Colour Storm model in Sprint Blue. (Had enough of silver cars)
Under 80k miles
Good maintenance history.
Realistic price.

Patience is a wonderful thing.

Job done.

A few scratches need attended to but other than that very happy.

I hope to make this a 80mpg car so plan a 6 speed conversion at some point in the near future.

Any and all advice on ownership much appreciated.

Any other A2 owners in the north east of Scotland? Would be great to hear from you.

Cheers

Welcome to the colourstorm fold, sounds a lovely example, make sure you post us A2’ers up some pics, I do love the sprint blue and nearly bought myself one as my first A2!
Cheers Jeff

Reactions: GPW
Welcome. It’s usually Jeremy that asks for pics but not so far, so ‘pictures please!’

I’m in Glasgow - blue cars get a mixed reception here. maybe see you at a future social.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warm welcome. Will post pics during the week once its had a wash. Winter roads up here are a mess. ?

Welcome fellow colour storm owner---be great to see it at some socials. cheers mike great choice

Photo as requested.

First big trip today. 130 miles. The little car did it effortlessly.

After reading a lot about ride quality and handling issues I have to say that I'm very impressed with it. The ride is better then the car I have just stepped out of. The handling is very predictable. It's no race car but for what it is I'm very happy.

Attachments

• 1518972006683428003125.jpg
    1518972006683428003125.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Photo as requested.

First big trip today. 130 miles. The little car did it effortlessly.

After reading a lot about ride quality and handling issues I have to say that I'm very impressed with it. The ride is better then the car I have just stepped out of. The handling is very predictable. It's no race car but for what it is I'm very happy.
I can't help thinking that looks like new. The shape is still so fresh, much helped by no update/replacement.
Jonathan

Welcome. It’s usually Jeremy that asks for pics but not so far, so ‘pictures please!’

I’m in Glasgow - blue cars get a mixed reception here. maybe see you at a future social.

My reputation precedes me :)

Welcome along, it certainly looks a nice car. Probably my favourite colour for Colour Storms...

Welcome to the club. The gang here are very helpful so if you have any questions or issues do not hesitate to post them and I am sure someone (if not multiple people) will be able to help you.

Back