My first question about A2

Anders Classic

Hi, I have a A2 2001 1.4 petrol. When I wash the car I get water around the cylinders. Is there no one that have idea to help me?
Best regards Anders, Sweden

And do the nozzles in the bonnet align with them. Also look at the rubber seal that goes around the engine bay to make sure it is properly located and the washer jets are fitted properly.

Ok, thank you very much. I will check this. The water is standing near the contacts. I have 4 contacts and the second from the right are filled with water.

I have found that the water is coming throw the water jet when I am washing the car. The dropping down to the motor. There is a little hole under each water jet. And its dropping from the right one. Can I put something in that little hole?

As long as it does not block any other drain then you could use some silicone to seal up the gap. Can you take a picture to make sure?

Sorry the picture is too close can't see any other part to get my bearing. Can you take another showing more of the engine or at least another part.

Attachments

• IMG_20190513_185252.jpg
    IMG_20190513_185252.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 262
First check the pipe that supplies the jet has not split. Take the jet off carefully and seal around the edge with some silicone and refit the jet. With a wet finger go around the edge of the jet to make the sealant blend onto the jet giving a good seal. Have a good look around that area for any other seal that is out of place or damaged.

First check the pipe that supplies the jet has not split. Take the jet off carefully and seal around the edge with some silicone and refit the jet. With a wet finger go around the edge of the jet to make the sealant blend onto the jet giving a good seal. Have a good look around that area for any other seal that is out of place or damaged.

Glue could work but silicone is better as it will last longer. If you have only sealed it from below, the water will still get in and eventually find another way out into the engine bay. Best to seal the washer jets to stop water coming in. Make sure the scuttle drains are clear and working properly.

Back