My second A2

Mlj701

Morning all,
I have been a member for just over a year now but lurk in the background but I thought now would be a good time to share what I’ve done so far.
I boughtmy first a2 2.5 years ago fairy cheap it was a cat d I knew about it when I bought it but I had limited funds and it was a second car just for me to commute to and From work. It went for its first MOT and the garage said it not good behind the front bumper and was going to cost £500 to put right, added with the engine overheating I thought it was time to pass this on to someone else who could maybe fix it up, I sold the car and got £550 I was honest with the guy who bought it and told him of all the problems I had with it and he wasn’t fusssed at all.
I then set out looking for my second a2 this time I had a better budget and I really had the bug for these little cars. I found a nice little silver tdi se in silver up in London at £1500, I wanted a low millage se that had been looked after this time. My first car was basic not even air con this one did along with open sky roof.
On arrival I met the sellers wife she was a lovely Polish woman who showed me around the roof worked without fault interior was clean and 5 seater, paintwork was so much brighter and looked 10 years newer than mine even though it was the same year, service history was all good and main dealer stamps right up till I bought it, it had done 107,000 miles I was well happy and ended up buying it for £1200
I started the journey like everyone on here does of trying to improve her as much as I could
So far I have:
Fixed the wing mirror
Added slated type grill
Changed alloys to 17 sport wheels
Added red leather heated seats door cards handbrake and gear stick gaiter
Found original head unit as some after market one was horrible.
On The list now Rns-e almond with double din conversion.
I know this car isn’t up to show room condition like most on here as don’t have much of a budget but I hope your agree it looks better than when I got it. My wife doesn’t agree on seats though she hates them in red lol
I will upload pics of how she is now this afternoon
Hope I haven’t sent you lot all to sleep
Thanks
Mark
AA1378B0-7D52-4A39-BBA3-5078388C2513.jpeg
D4E11D7F-58CF-4F7F-90A8-330FD8DB6BE0.jpeg
40F90E71-BFD1-4D21-B689-352BED67F533.jpeg
67DE15EC-1F32-46DC-8EA9-D30B6C24C68A.jpeg
D585358B-3E55-4D98-818D-7030D4A19AEA.jpeg
76F90429-544F-43F8-B811-E78750E6AFF0.jpeg

Finding a car with working open sky is a result, finding red leather is another result. I don’t think people’s cars on here are show cars as you suggest, most are well used with high mileage.
Good luck with it and thanks for sharing.

Looks a lovely car in the making, be nice to see the red leather in too! And heated! A bonus! Rnse is a nice addition too, love mine! Just don’t use it enough to understand how to use it to its full potential lol
Cheers Jeff

Morning :) Great to see the car in the flesh, looks good and as has been said the working OSS is a bonus.

Timmus is your man when it comes to DoubleDin and RNS-E conversions.

Another early one :)
Looks good - welcome! The info and input from people here has been invaluable in sorting the minor and not so minor niggles on the one I bought earlier in the year, so ask away.

Back