NAPA part cross reference

Disco Stu

Replacing the front springs and whilst everything is off I thought I would replace all the other bits too.
Went to the local motor factors, told them all the details (with VAG part numbers) and picked up the bits ready for replacing this weekend.
I cross referenced the parts, having already found put the boot kit is for ‘non sports’ but I am not too sure about the shocks - one eBay ad says for non sports whilst another website says direct replacement for part number, however it seems to say direct replacement for all part numbers, including non sports :(
Can not find anything on the NAPA website and was wondering if anybody had an idea as I can’t seem to find anything else, the part number is NSA1073
Thanks in advance

Shocks are the same, sport or otherwise.
Ian
I did not know that, I always thought it was the shock that was ‘sports’ as opposed to spring, as when I look into the springs it doesn’t differentiate between sports and normal just engine type and oss or not

Sport specification springs are ~25mm lower and for at least those aftermarket suppliers who list ones in that height range (for the companies that cite the details at least), the spring wire is also thicker (1mm or so) which gives a massive increase in predicted spring rate. There may also be other changes in overall diameter and number of turns that impact on spring rate as well. IIRC aren't the spring seats at the rear different for sport models as well?

I did not know that, I always thought it was the shock that was ‘sports’ as opposed to spring, as when I look into the springs it doesn’t differentiate between sports and normal just engine type and oss or not
I think the problem here is with aftermarket spring suppliers, compared to Audi genuine. The aftermarket suppliers have a narrower range of options, and will spec the same spring to several model variants, with (hopefully) similar characteristics. Audi will spec the correct spring, based on your VIN. It is virtually (imo) impossible to precisely match aftermarket springs to OEM. If you want a straight replacement for the OEM springs, then use OEM springs. Not the cheapest, but you'll get an exact replacement. As usual, you pays your money...
Mac.

Are NAPA any good? My local factors are selling them and say no issues. Apparently they are American made? Price is good.
A bit of searching on the interweb suggests they are 're branded monroes? Anyone?

Last edited:
my sport has the thicker spring seats and 8z0513025E shocks for the rear as per G08 - 0YH option codes in service book.
that matches the numbers i found whilst replacing lower spring seats.

Its only the upper spring seats that are thinner on the sport models. However, when we replaced them on Adams 1.4i sport we could not find the thinner ones in stock anywhere so we went with the SE spec ones. It looked like only 5mm difference at the time.

Ian

the thinner ones are for the s-line i believe, my sport albeit fsi is on its original seats. car never been massed about with,
still got its original springs 2 orange, 1 green,2 blue spots as 0YH option code

i read a a2 german forum a good while back and they said similar.
all to do with option codes petrol,diesel,oss or not i guess

Back