Nearly but not quite...

Evoman

I was in discussion earlier today with a chap selling an A2.
To cut to the chase, he agreed a refundable deposit could be left for the car then later in the day I have another browse of ads to see oh look the price has been hiked up! This was after he was telling me what a trustworthy guy he is...
I don't know what others make of that scenario, pretty shady behaviour if you ask me, but entirely trustworthy obviously!

Nobody on the forum I'm pleased to say and thankfully I hadn't yet made the deposit which he assured would be refundable... I can guess what would have happened there if I tried to get it back!

For information it was the Dolphin grey A2 on gumtree with a red leather interior (and horrendous red steering wheel). I think he got carried away with the price it might fetch and has ramped it up to 2675. Seems like a good car, I just wouldn't want to deal with someone that is untrustworthy

Ah, the one in Ilford? Yeah, the price on that one keeps bouncing all over the place... It's been on the market for quite a while as well. I think I was looking at it before xmas.

That's the one, something doesn't add up either on his story that it's a one owner car yet his Auntie has owned it for the last year so that would make two owners... and the the last MOT was at 106K miles whilst it's up for sale at 105K miles. Small details but shady is the word that springs to mind!

Back