New A2 Option list

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveS

As you may have gathered we are about to order our new A2 so as to qualify for the climate/paint £250 offer. This will replace our existing Pine Green 2000 1.4SE.

Spec so far is:
1.6 FSI SE
Pine Green
Climate
Beige Leather
Winter Pack
Rear Elec Windows
Sports Steering Wheel
DIS+Symphony or SatNavPlus+Changer

Not sure about the "Controls pack" (zero cost opion with leather) - i.e. beige leather steering wheel ?

Other possibles are:
Cruise - had it on my A6 and used it as a license saving device
BOSE - read somwehere on the forum that it was not worth it on A2 and standard speaker system is pretty good on'03 model.
Mobile Phone - could get it done cheaper locally I guess.
Open Sky - have to see one at the local dealer as I've never been in an A2 with this fitted.

I'm open to comments !

If you do lots of motorway work I would get cruise and the only other 1 would be open sky. The demonstrator I had had it on ant it was very nice. My experience of Satnav is that unless you travel to unusual places a lot it is not worth the huge cost. I had toyotas system and whilst it was a nice toy I would rather have open sky. I think the controls pack may look naff, go with your gut feel.

Bear in mind I have no options on mine so this is just me wishing.

Phil

DaveS,

I have often wondered who might be the first existing A2 owner to purchase another new model, and clearly it looks as though you should get the prize (5 Tesco Points). The spec of green paint with beige leather should look very nice indeed, and I do agree I would be highly cautious of having a flash colour steering wheel (never mind making it dirty). Apart from being more pleasurable to own a highly specified car will always be more desirable to others at the point of selling it in the future, and so I really do think its in for a penny, in for a pound, and acquire the sky roof.

If you are part exchanging your current car, then what allowance has the dealer offered ?

Regards
John Disdale

Dave,

i'm keen to buy a 1.6 FSI and would like to know how "flexible" you dealer has been on price - mine would only sell at list.......

cheers

Mike

Mike,

Send me an email and I'll fill you in. Another local dealer was like yours in that they only quoted the climate/paint incentive - nothing on top of that.

In my option its worth quoting prices from www.drivethedeal.com as they supply UK dealer sourced cars.

That's exactly what I did, my dealer would only offer the paint ECC deal and nothing else, so i've ordered mine through Drive the Deal.

If you're using this price you'll need to allow for an extra £500 hundred over their quoted price, as the dealers they use are not willing to give the extra £500 discount from the paint/ECC deal, because they are already discounting the car.

Rich.

Expecting Silver A2 1.6FSI sport, end October.
Black interior, front fogs, REW, ECC, winter pack, mats & iPod.

Thanks Rich, I was wondering why the drivethedeal website had the bit about £750 rather than £250 for th climate /paint option.

Luckily our dealer is giving us a discount in addition to the climate/paint offer (unlike some).

Incidentally we were quoted £7500 to £8000 for trading in our Oct 02 (this should say Oct 2000 - see below) 1.4SE with 10k miles (which was what I was expecting). Dealer said I should get £9000 selling it privately.

DaveS-your trade-in. I take you mean an Oct 01 (you said Oct 02!). I'm not taken with that offer-still seems low for a car that cost £14000 a year or so ago. I don't think trade-in prices are as good as Audi would have us believe.

And your trading it in for another A2 with little in the way of discount.

Me thinks that dealers are moving away from profit on new cars and looking at good used cars to make a tidy sum (from us punters).

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Congratulations Dave - indeed a star. I am on my 2nd A2 but as the current model is a replacement I am afraid this doesn't really count.

The trade-in price is not brilliant (but as you say, probably what you were expecting) and you seem to have got a good deal on the new car.

Best of luck.

Jon

Steve, meant to say Oct 2000 (as I had put at start of thread !) - sorry for that.

We paid 11k for our car a year ago from AFN Audi - at the time the cheapest A2 1.4 SE I could find at a UK dealer, bearing in mind it was 15.5k new. So if I get 9k or over privately I'll be happy.

Richj - what's iPod on your new car? Sound like the Mac MP3 player.

Paul
1.4TDi, leather, Open Sky, BOSE, 6 CD, alu trim, cruise, DIS, etc. etc.

Well its ordered. :)

After a demonstration run from the dealer to home and back again using SatNavPlus in his A6 I was convinced. So we've gone for Sat Nav Plus + TV and a CD changer. Will probably replace the changer with an MD one once the dealer has worked out how to interface it to the Audi (Blaupunkt ?) head unit. Also added electric lumbar support as a last minute option.

Hoping to get the car by the end of November - can't wait.

I'll put our existing A2 up for sale nearer the delivery date. But if anyone is interested its an 2000/X 1.4SE Pine Green, Climate, beige satellite cloth, rear elec windows, sports steering wheel, 12k miles, and just serviced.

Dave - can I ask who are giving you this deal on top of the a/c and metallic paint offer? Is it AFN audi and if so where are they based? Many thanks.

My local dealer is crap so I'm going slightly further afield though I guess I could order it anywhere.

Hi NOONOO, its not AFN Audi as they are sadly no more [V]

I am getting a better deal than just the climate/paint offer. Send me your contact details and a rough spec of what A2 you want and I'll forward them to the guy I deal with at my local dealer.

I find it has always helped to quote other UK supplied offers such as drivethdeal and jamjar when negotiating with dealers. And in fact richj ordered his car this way.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back