New A2 - "Stay tuned, I'd Say"

Skipton01

Admin Team
Well, the above quotation is from the Global Head of Sales & Marketing, in a current interview with Top Gear magazine, the link to which is freely available online:

She also praises the 'old' A2, “The A2 fits our time. It was a remarkable use of space and technology, ahead of its time. Stay tuned, I’d say.”

I bet it won't come in at a starting point of £12-14k though, and I bet it won't even be the inflation adjusted amounts of £21-24k either.

Yep, just shows you that for the last decade, Audi have been all about flashy lights, right up to the latest Q4 e-tron.

And they're still a country mile behind Tesla: slower, heavier, less range, more expensive, less storage space etc etc. I'd love to be able to buy an electric Audi, I was genuinely excited by the prospect of the Q4, but had to act when the government chopped the grant down. Glad I got the M3 now - how can Audi make a car as big as the Q4 but still not have room for a front boot??

Remember this from 9 years ago?

Cheers Phil
Thank god they never made that: strip off the silly side stripey lights and the big car show wheels and there's nothing left: a somewhat mainstream box. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Compare that to the original, which had so much fresh and innovative thinking behind it which still looks well nearly 1/4 of a century later.

Sorry, it's a 'meh' from me at best. Ten years later and let's hope that if Audi bring back an A2 it'd be something the original design team would approve of.

Back