New Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmckie1

Is this new Ford in the same mould as the A2. I've never actually seen one in the flesh but it seems to be being advertised that way. Seems like a similar size to the new Fiesta so I don't see the point for Ford to bring out this car.

Yes exactly the same concept - a small tall vehicle using the Fiesta chassis. Vauxhall are bringing out a vehicle called the Meriva. You can guarantee that Ford and Vauxhall will market these vehicles throughly - which is more than can be said for VAG's advertising for the A2.

I think mini-MPVs may actually be coming into vogue - which is then strange that VAG is dropping the A2.

The misses commented on the Fusion the other day, and that 'Ford are getting on the A2 bandwagon'.

But don't forget the not so successful sales of Fords Cougar, and to some extent the Puma which had a limited production run (but was popular none the less). Also Vauxhall with the Tigra.

Even with a big budget behind advertising, if people don't like them they won't buy them!. Not sure then why the A2 doesn't do so well-price maybe.

Why buy a Fusion when a Fiesta will do......

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

I have heard somewhere (might have been on this forum) that the A2 costs more to manufacture than the A3 - that might have something to do with Audi's decision to axe the A2

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

Interesting discussion... It doesnt looks to me that Audi will stop manufacturing A2, but that's just my opinion. But if that happens it wouldn't be the first time that innovative product way ahead of its time fails on the market.

I can remember the Apple Newton. When Apple stopped selling the Newton no one could tell that Palm would gain such high market share using the same philosophy. So it is quite possible that Audi might stop producing A2 while Opel and Citroen
would make a good proffit on Meriva and C3.

It's hard to tell the future, but I hope that A2 will stay in production for a few years.

Regards

ZB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back