New member hi

jasonh

Hi all.

I've just joined, and looking to read all about what to buy and where to buy from.
Would like a project and as original as possible

Welcome.

If you haven't already done so, you will want to upgrade your membership, which costs a very nominal £2. Then you'll be able to see the Market section of the site, including cars for sale.

Welcome along. If you want to look anything up go to Google, prefix A2oc.... then what you're looking for.
Alternatively just ask and someone will be able to come up with an answer of link.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hello Steve,

I can see this Blue FSI in Newark.

Kind regards,

Tom
Don't consider (nor any A2, especially an FSI) it without a VCDS scan. There may well be someone (A2OC Member) close by who can do that for you. If the seller won't allow a scan, then forget it.
A good FSI is a joy, best version imo. A bad FSI ... not so much.
Good luck.
Mac.

Thanks, have upgraded, and hoping to view a 1.6 colour in Newark @90k

Two things to check if you go to view that example.

1. This is most important. Check the the Engine MIL and the ECR Light both come on when you turn on the ignition, but go out when you start the engine. Take the car for a decent test drive, then turn off the engine, restart and check that both those lights go out again.

2. Check for exhaust leakage, particularly at the start of the exhaust (back to the end of the second cat. Cats for the 1.6 are very difficult to get entirely satisfactory replacements for, and any leak at the front end is bad news.

The MoT history isn't necessarily any cause for concern, but in the last two years that car has had two failures, and an exhaust leak and MIL malfunction have featured among the advisories. You'll need to establish what exactly was done to deal with these. Check that history through for yourself.

Yep that's the one, I am concerned with the engine light. And I am confused with the model type being a colour or not

Yep that's the one, I am concerned with the engine light. And I am confused with the model type being a colour or not
It’s not a colour storm, it’s an SE. Many selling sites default to the colour storm so this isn’t necessarily the seller being cute, it is likely a genuine error

OK, that's good to know, I feel its a bit pricey as it's not got leather or an oss

I think this has also been for sale for a few months as i remember (could be wrong though) it was advertised the same time as I was looking for a replacement A2 back in Feb/Mar, that in itself shows it may not be the bargain the seller thinks it is.

I don’t know anything about the car as didn’t pop up to view it as I was after a TDI, it could be utterly brilliant but you would only know that from a viewing.

The seller might think it’s worth so much due to the amount of money spent on it. Should there be documented evidence of the works carried out then this will be their jewel in the crown but as stated above, a scan with VCDS is absolutely recommend on any car if you have the means to do so, even more so on a FSI. If you don’t have access to VCDS, it might be an idea to ask the seller to add a picture of the instruments showing all the lights illuminated and going out, to ensure nothing has been masked to hide a errors.

I’m currently not commuting the A46 passed Newark but may need to pop into work next week. Maybe we could sort a mutually agreeable time where I could scan the car during your viewing.

Let me know as I’m more than happy to help out. I’ve had a FSI before but no expert on them at all. I’d be there just for the scan but should be able to advise you if anything seems concerning enough to walk away at this high price.

If you’re not in too much of a rush it is worth holding out as amazing deals do turn up on here quite often. When I was in need of a replacement A2 a few months ago I put an advert in the Wanted area asking for a TDI. Heave a look at this thread to see what I got for a lot more than the asking price of this FSI. You’d be surprised what people have available but not too sure if they should sell it, reading a wanted add might tip the scales for owners to sell their ‘spare’ A2.

Kind regards,

Tom

Theres an 04 plate TDI on facebook marketplace in leeds
Its in a dog rough area with very questionable characters in the vicinity but could be a gem or a shed!
Needs an exhaust repair but reakon £450 would buy it.
If i didnt have mine i would have gone for it (one tyre is the wrong size too)
I have no connection with it other than a friend had a quick look around it

It’s not a colour storm, it’s an SE. Many selling sites default to the colour storm so this isn’t necessarily the seller being cute, it is likely a genuine error
The seller has stated colour storm in his description which he has to phyisically type in so not a genuine error, I personally think it's a little expensive as I won't expect that much for my genuine colour storm fsi with only 80k on the clock and fsh, (no it's not for sale) IMO I think the fsi is the best engine when running right.

Can anybody assist with a vcds scan this afternoon in Bramley Leeds as wanted to possibly do a deal on a find

Back