Keymaster

Hi
Well here is my story, I was Panther Kallista fan for many years (also aluminium) and I met a friend of my daughters who was crazy about his funny looking little car, telling me it was also aluminium and also many other things about, his enthusiasm was infectious.
Recently a change of jobs means no more company car and urgent need of a car, cheap to run and a bit quirky so immediatly remembered the A2.
As I lined up one to buy I thought I would join this great forum, unfortunatly the purchase fell through as vehicle had zero service history and no record of cam belt change so I walked away, the hunt is still on.
Many thanks
K

P.S. I believe you recently changed the forum to Xenforo, I also did this with a non car related forum I run and it solved all my forum hacking attempt problems in one day.

Reactions: AJB
Welcome Keymaster. I’ve never heard of a Kallista - I better get googling.
Are you a big Ghostbusters fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome along - you'll struggle to find a more friendly and helpful forum.

I remember the Kallistas from way back when, a friend had one. I seem to remember it had "2,800 ponies" in his words ;) Which is frankly bonkers in a car of that size. Think a small production cross between a Morgan and a TVR and you get the general idea... Also famous for the Panther 6 - again, a bonkers car, 6 wheeler inspired by the Tyrell P34.

1347526992.jpg

Good luck with your search anyway, depending on what you are after there are a few in the Marketplace section of the forum.

Looks good - is that Kallista the one with Ford running gear?

Hi
yes it is, the Kallista and the Solo were ford, I think the Lima (which was not great) was fiat and the J72 and the deville were Jaguar. I sold it a few years baxk and drove it to the channel tunnel where a French guy and his wife picked it up. I was sad to see it go, the Panther club activities and scene were good fun. I think the photo of the panther 6 above must be at one as all the cars in the backgraound are also Panthers.
K

Hi
yes it is, the Kallista and the Solo were ford, I think the Lima (which was not great) was fiat and the J72 and the deville were Jaguar. I sold it a few years baxk and drove it to the channel tunnel where a French guy and his wife picked it up. I was sad to see it go, the Panther club activities and scene were good fun. I think the photo of the panther 6 above must be at one as all the cars in the backgraound are also Panthers.
K
As I recall the Lima used the Vauxhall 2.3 OHC lump.

Back