New style Audi keys

drewroberts

A2OC Donor
Just met the forum stalwart and an overall top man called Birchall to collect 2 new style Audi keys from him for my Aluminium companion.
Excellent service all keys work fine thank you Steve for helping me out for such a great price. Anyone needing any replacement keys should contact him ASAP going anywhere else for them is frankly a bit stupid.

Attachments

• 9DF14C5F-25C5-415D-997A-05F17C2C28F2.jpeg
    9DF14C5F-25C5-415D-997A-05F17C2C28F2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 283
At the moment it is £50 a key, while I have a couple of the keys left that I managed to get at a rock bottom price.

After these have gone I will get some more but they might cost me a bit more.

This all depends on the part number of your CCCU (the black plastic control box under the passenger floor) if the part number ends in AF or AE then these more modern keys can be coded to your car.

If you don't have one that is an AE or AF I have a couple here that I could swap so that the new shape key can be coded to your car.
These AE/AF CCCUs are anything from £65 to £150 on eBay, I charge £50 (with your old unit in part exchange)

Steve B

Hi @Birchall. I've got a P.I.T.A key fob that worked... now it doesn't i've tried the fixes on here and no joy. How much do you charge for sorting out the VCDS on my old key to work again?

I only charge for parts if any are needed

But You would need to bring the car next time you are down my way.

I guess you have renewed the battery? sorry for asking the obvious?

Are you sure that you followed my recommended sequence to the letter?

Put the key in the ignition and turn it on,
press the unlock button on the key a couple of times quickly
and then immediately take the key out and try it.

Steve B

Last edited:
Hello my spare key doesn't work Tom Cunningham had a look at it while up fitting my colour dis he said the transponder has gone. How much for a replacement for the new type, and can I program the key myself?

I only charge for parts if any are needed

But You would need to bring the car next time you are down my way.

I guess you have renewed the battery? sorry for asking the obvious?

Are you sure that you followed my recommended sequence to the letter?

Put the key in the ignition and turn it on,
press the unlock button on the key a couple of times quickly
and then immediately take the key out and try it.

Steve B
I've changed the battery and done this a few times. perhaps i might have delayed a couple of seconds perhaps which is the reason. I shall try again tonight. Thanks for the help

Hello my spare key doesn't work Tom Cunningham had a look at it while up fitting my colour dis he said the transponder has gone. How much for a replacement for the new type, and can I program the key myself?
Unfortunately the key needs to be coded to your car via the correct cables and software.

Steve B

Hi Steve ...

Is this something my local mechanic can sort out if i buy a key from you as im up in Scotland..........

I already have a replacement CCCu unit that you supplied , think its an AF ?

stevie

Hello I will be having the imobilizer removed from my ecu so could the new key be coded without laptops cables etc if it's just to open and close doors?

No, the key will need to be coded to the CCCU for the remote locking to work. You could post the key and the CCCU to Birchall (Steve B), otherwise you would need VAG COmmander to get the SKC and then VAGCOM to code the key to the CCCU

Cheers,
Paul

Ok I will look into it can you give me a cost. I am fitting a new ecu soon so I will make sure my cccu is the proper one for new key. So you would need to send your new key and my cccu to Steve?

Back