New to A2OC, but not to A2

Joe90

Thought it would be good manners to introduce myself here first.
We've had our A2 for about it seven years now, a 1.4TDI Sport. I believe it's the 90bhp - goes like a scalded cat if prodded.

In that time, it's been fairly faultless - replaced the lower control arms twice, many, many tyre repairs as it seems to attract divers side punctures & valve failures like nothing else, routine oil and filter changes.
Had to change a door check strap last year, and typically the other side needs doing now.
Just had the clutch & flywheel done at 109k..

I'm hoping to keep it going s few more years - bodywork and paint isn't the best, but it is cheap to run, and after so long, I don't fancy buying someone else's problems - I know we're the skeletons are buried, so to speak, with the A2 now.

I'll be asking lots of questions in the technical areas, so please be patient.
J

Thought it would be good manners to introduce myself here first.
We've had our A2 for about it seven years now, a 1.4TDI Sport. I believe it's the 90bhp - goes like a scalded cat if prodded.

In that time, it's been fairly faultless - replaced the lower control arms twice, many, many tyre repairs as it seems to attract divers side punctures & valve failures like nothing else, routine oil and filter changes.
Had to change a door check strap last year, and typically the other side needs doing now.
Just had the clutch & flywheel done at 109k..

I'm hoping to keep it going s few more years - bodywork and paint isn't the best, but it is cheap to run, and after so long, I don't fancy buying someone else's problems - I know we're the skeletons are buried, so to speak, with the A2 now.

I'll be asking lots of questions in the technical areas, so please be patient.
J

Hi Joe
Welcome along to a great forum
I refurbish the door check straps so if you need one for the passenger side then get it contact and I’ll sort you out with a strap. Mine are cheaper and better than a new Audi one
Brass rollers and stainless steel screws instead of the pop rivets

Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Joe
Welcome along to a great forum
I refurbish the door check straps so if you need one for the passenger side then get it contact and I’ll sort you out with a strap. Mine are cheaper and better than a new Audi one
Brass rollers and stainless steel screws instead of the pop rivets

Cheers. Paul

Plus I’m in st Anne’s so literally just around the corner

joe90 if its a door check strap you need fella contact depronman/paul you will not be disappointed with his better than OEM strap from the dealers and you save a bit of cash in the process, genuine A2 door strap "re-worked" and so much better as i recently exchanged my broken strap for one of pauls and could not be more pleased with what i received it feels and looks solid with brass rollers etc rather than flimsy plastic/nylon rollers which is standard on the factory part.

Back