New to forum

Pdeuce

Hi just joined the forum bought my a2 sport tdi recently, not my first a2 Bought one in 2008 kept it for 18 months but found myself after selling it looking at adverts for them. My current one has been well looked after by lady owner from new but needs a few things doing to get her up to a standard I am happy with. Already done drivers door check strap the guide on the forum was great Just bought new wiper arm and blade. I am engineer by trade and just love the a2 concept and design.

Welcome. As others will no doubt say.... post some pics of your car?
I trust you have stumped up £2 for full access to Marketplace. There's bound to be bargains you will need!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Welcome I have done the same as you owned an a2 in 2011 then various cars and just back to a couple of A2's so welcome and enjoy which model?

Hi Ashley,

Sorry for the late reply work commitments the model I have is 2003 1.4 tdi sport non oss. I bought off a woman who bought it new it had been serviced by main dealer it’s got 160 k on the clock but runs great and a great drive want to do some bits to it enjoy driving makes me smile.

... as with my usual welcome ... This thread is useless without pics ;)

Welcome along! Grab a seat and enjoy yourself.

Hi jellybean yes did pay the £ 2 for the market place been looking at parts noticed they don’t hang around for long. Making a list of jobs might have some time on my hands to do some jobs if the current situation continues.

Hi some pictures of the car bodywork is straight one thing annoying me seems that spoiler fixings are rusting and the rust is marking glass and bodywork can be seen one of the pictures might try to remove spoiler to sort this out.

Attachments

• 7B6860CA-FAE6-45E5-8629-8418BBDBB69A.jpeg
    7B6860CA-FAE6-45E5-8629-8418BBDBB69A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 237
  • FF5F0A2E-622B-4899-971D-0FA7AFEFA182.jpeg
    FF5F0A2E-622B-4899-971D-0FA7AFEFA182.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 235
  • 015BB19A-2B2C-4CBB-A185-556F458A135E.jpeg
    015BB19A-2B2C-4CBB-A185-556F458A135E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 233
  • 855FA529-030F-48A8-BAA9-D2DF7AD50BC7.jpeg
    855FA529-030F-48A8-BAA9-D2DF7AD50BC7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 235
Will have a look seems that the fixing bolt on side is rusting do you know if you remove the cover underneath the spoiler to look at fixings

Welcome!

You can removed the rust etching from glass and paintwork with any sort of cutting compound: I've just done it! You might even find a car polish with an abrasive content (Autoglym Super Resin Polish for instance) will have enough bite to do it.

Lovely, lovely car btw!

Will have a look seems that the fixing bolt on side is rusting do you know if you remove the cover underneath the spoiler to look at fixings
Welcome to the friendliest forum you could find. I've never seen any post suggesting that the spoiler can be dismantled in any way; however, there have been many about the problem you have, rust marks caused by the spoiler. The general consensus, after removing the stains, is to drill a small hole in the underside of the spoiler at each end so that water can drain. Some people say they can hear the water sloshing around as they corner, perhaps yours is the same.

Thanks Rusty911 and Jeff for the advice it is only a little thing but annoys me the car is very straight and clean just means seem to notice it a little bit more.

Welcome!

You can removed the rust etching from glass and paintwork with any sort of cutting compound: I've just done it! You might even find a car polish with an abrasive content (Autoglym Super Resin Polish for instance) will have enough bite to do it.

Lovely, lovely car btw!

Hi got some cutting compound today and removed the rust marking from the glass looks much better .:)
Welcome!

Lovely, lovely car btw!

Back