New to the forum and just purchased 1.6 fsi

harrydha

Hi All

Been reading about a2's on this forum for a couple of months been blown away by the knowledge and friendliness to other members.

Took the plunge this weekend and purchased a 2004 1.6 fsi. It's in storm blue and done 70000 miles. Giving it a full service myself in a couple of weeks including the cambelt and water pump etc.

I just missed out on the pepperpot wheels that were on sale here last week but will keep an eye out and with the rear wheel arch trims as my ones are scuffed.

Look forward to some of the future meets. I have added a picture of the car

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-16-18-53-56-005_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-16-18-53-56-005_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 150
Hello and welcome Harry, lovey car, if the wheels are anything to go by its a beauty!
Post a wanted in marketplace for the arches maybe? Enjoy.

Welcome aboard, that looks a nice one :)

I'm glad if we've given you the impetus you needed to take the plunge ... but be warned, one A2 feels lonely :D

Hello there!
I wish the 17" wheels on my latest buy were in as good condition as yours!

Cheers Guys. Will be sure to run it on super.

The wheels on the passenger side are in fact terrible there is very little alloy left as they have been chewed by the kerbs.

Already looking at a diesel on as an addition. Must of been sleeping under all these years as I didn't realise how fun these actually are!

Cheers Guys. Will be sure to run it on super.

The wheels on the passenger side are in fact terrible there is very little alloy left as they have been chewed by the kerbs.

Already looking at a diesel on as an addition. Must of been sleeping under all these years as I didn't realise how fun these actually are!
Welcome to the frustrating world of FSI ownership ! Filled mine up with Aral 98 (as ever ) the other day, drove off & after 5 mins on came the EML , after not being seen for about 6 months !! But still runs sweet as a nut & fuel consumption & performance just the same as ever.

My next fill will be with Aral 102 ( 2 stations here have it) & see what happens then !

Back