Newbie Intro

Bumblebee

Hello fellow A2 owners.

Thank you to admin for approving my membership.

Had my A2 a week after an ex work colleague offered her to me for peanuts because she had got a new car and didn't want to put through next MOT end of July.

Its a 1.6 FSI Colour Storm, and I was always fond of it when she worked with me.

Its got the common misfire. She had an auto electrician poke around and he thought no2 injector? but all four plugs are very sooty, and idle is a bit lumpy.

I'm thinking an air leak now or throttle body gunged up! Plugs all cleaned up and whilst the EML comes and goes no fault code recorded. Previously it was P0302 Cyl2 misfire.........

Thanks in advance for the new aquaintances and support.
A2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard ... always nice to see a another yellow Storm :) Mine isn't an FSI though so I will defer to someone more knowledgeable when they come along. Have a look for the ProBoost thread, about a map to cure FSI ills, while you're waiting.

Welcome aboard ... always nice to see a another yellow Storm :) Mine isn't an FSI though so I will defer to someone more knowledgeable when they come along. Have a look for the ProBoost thread, about a map to cure FSI ills, while you're waiting.
Hi there...... Thank you........
I will :cool:

Check out the date code on the coil packs. If original, consider replacing them. I have found Bosch to be good. Did mine about 10 months ago.
Welcome to The Club. Good to see another FSI'er in the fold!
Mac.

Welcome to the forum Bumblebee....lots of friendly advice and knowledge available to you here. According to Alans list there were only ever 17 Yellow storm Fsi SE,s registered in the UK so quite rare. ? ?

Check out the date code on the coil packs. If original, consider replacing them. I have found Bosch to be good. Did mine about 10 months ago.
Welcome to The Club. Good to see another FSI'er in the fold!
Mac.
I'll do that....... I did notice from the wad of receipts over the years that its had coil packs in the past, but will check again.
Thank you :)

Welcome along. As mentioned above have a look at my Pro Boost thread which is in my signature, or here if you are on a smartphone

Welcome!

There’s definitely an echo in here, but the recently-introduced Proboost ECU is fast becoming the first step in getting a FSI with running issues back to rude health - and staying that way. That would literally be my first move / purchase for this car if I were in your position.

Good luck!

Welcome along. As mentioned above have a look at my Pro Boost thread which is in my signature, or here if you are on a smartphone

Thanks Steve........ I'll grab a coffee or two and get clued up :cool:

Welcome!

There’s definitely an echo in here, but the recently-introduced Proboost ECU is fast becoming the first step in getting a FSI with running issues back to rude health - and staying that way. That would literally be my first move / purchase for this car if I were in your position.

Good luck!
Hi, and thank you........ I can see how it helps the rough pull away, as I now understand its a trait of the FSI and not just the dreaded misfire curse :)

Hi Steve
Its an interesting thread and looks like a very good investment...........Long term solution.
I am however new to the FSI, and wonder if you need to get it running as close to normal as possible before taking the plunge.
I would like to know what's sooting up my plugs first, but I am naive with this engine...........
Every day is a school day!
Thanks in advance

It’s not a fix all solution for the FSI, but can solve issues relating to swirl flaps, nox, EGR and lumpiness under 3k revs.

It’s not a fix all solution for the FSI, but can solve issues relating to swirl flaps, nox, EGR and lumpiness under 3k revs.
Thank you....... I have noticed the lumpiness, especially pulling away :)
I have filled her up with 98 and have put Redex in there to clean through the lines and injectors, as suspect shes not had any fuel treatments ever.
Luckily I have a close friend who is a good mechanic and he is coming over next week to do a few checks, and eradicate the simple stuff.........
Great little cars though and love, like the Mk1 TT they kept there origins to the concept cars intact......... It also reminds me of all the cool A6's in 'i robot' :cool:

I can heartily recommend the pro boost option. I recently replaced all spark plugs, new Bosch coils, tank of shell optimal and injector cleaner, but was still lumpy under 3k revs. Installed pro boost and all its ills cured. Magic !
Andy

I can heartily recommend the pro boost option. I recently replaced all spark plugs, new Bosch coils, tank of shell optimal and injector cleaner, but was still lumpy under 3k revs. Installed pro boost and all its ills cured. Magic !
Andy
Hi Andy

I think its definitely on the shopping list.

Best

Wayne

That looks absolutely wonderful: I do like a yellow Storm :cool:. Congratulations, sounds like you've bagged a good one.

Fine timing as well, with the recently available Pro-Boost (surprised no-one's mentioned it yet ? ) helping to resolve some long-standing FSI issues, values on these are bound to creep back up to where they belong.

For a long time now they almost seem to have been a source of parts for other, less fickle, variants. Hopefully this is now changing.

Anyway, welcome!

That looks absolutely wonderful: I do like a yellow Storm :cool:. Congratulations, sounds like you've bagged a good one.

Fine timing as well, with the recently available Pro-Boost (surprised no-one's mentioned it yet ? ) helping to resolve some long-standing FSI issues, values on these are bound to creep back up to where they belong.

For a long time now they almost seem to have been a source of parts for other, less fickle, variants. Hopefully this is now changing.

Anyway, welcome!
Thank you....... I had no idea that there were only 17 yellow storms in UK........ Seems a few are in this part of the country???
Seeing it as a potential sensible and wise purchase for the future. Love its design ethos though, and I can see that the BMW i3 is very similar as an evolution of the thinking of Audi at the time :)

Thank you....... I had no idea that there were only 17 yellow storms in UK........ Seems a few are in this part of the country???
Seeing it as a potential sensible and wise purchase for the future. Love its design ethos though, and I can see that the BMW i3 is very similar as an evolution of the thinking of Audi at the time :)
Really? That's amazing, I didn't know that.

Deffo good bet for the future and design ethos has never been more relevant.

Back