Non water cleaning products

redbull_a2

A2OC Donor
Today I used a non water product called Greased Lightning Showroom shine and I have to say the results were outstanding !! I haven't clean my A2 for over a month now and was filthy ( I should of took a before picture )
I used it on the bodywork , windows and alloys and worked perfectly leaving that smooth finish just like it's been polished. Takes 30 minutes to do from start to finish, you can even use it in the house on windows etc. I had a lot of brakedust on my alloys and it just glided off .
At £13 a bottle and lasting upto 10 car washes I highly recommend this as value for money .

Results :

How does this work Paul? I'd be really interested to know the process.

I'm thinking wheels and lower sections of panels have ingrained dirt and 'physical' stuff as contaminate. How do you cleanse this without water and not using a sponge/cloth which would inevitably swirl the surface with micro sized grit on the cloth.

If you don't use any water and rub the car with anything regardless of the chemical used - surely you are rubbing the car with the dirt you have just removed from the surface - and with reduced lubrication than if the car was covered in water?

I'd also be interested in its constituents so you can be aware if it also cuts the polish off the finished surface?

How does this work Paul? I'd be really interested to know the process.

I'm thinking wheels and lower sections of panels have ingrained dirt and 'physical' stuff as contaminate. How do you cleanse this without water and not using a sponge/cloth which would inevitably swirl the surface with micro sized grit on the cloth.

If you don't use any water and rub the car with anything regardless of the chemical used - surely you are rubbing the car with the dirt you have just removed from the surface - and with reduced lubrication than if the car was covered in water?

I'd also be interested in its constituents so you can be aware if it also cuts the polish off the finished surface?

Here is a link http://www.greasedlightning.co.uk/p-34-showroom-shine-waterless-car-wax-polish.aspx

Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxAq_ZRGNYs

Not sure how it works but I know there are no swirls and I have used it on my Vauxhall Astra which is metallic black again with brilliant results.

I understand peoples concerns about the logic of not using water first to remove the grit but for some reason it works .

I'm sufficiently intrigued to give it a try. The marketing video on youtube that's been linked doesn't really give any detail as to how this works - it concentrates on posh brand bonnets and fancy driveways.

Nevertheless, I'm going to buy some and see how it goes - truth be told our car isn't really dirty at any time as the longest time lapse between some TLC doesn't often extend beyond 2 weeks - so I'll report back and who knows - you may see me armed with this stuff at ADI. ( On guard Talby!)

I advise trying it on a small area before covering the whole car. I did :)

It is good for a full clean but makes an ideal detailer for car shows .

I'm sufficiently intrigued to give it a try. The marketing video on youtube that's been linked doesn't really give any detail as to how this works - it concentrates on posh brand bonnets and fancy driveways.

Nevertheless, I'm going to buy some and see how it goes - truth be told our car isn't really dirty at any time as the longest time lapse between some TLC doesn't often extend beyond 2 weeks - so I'll report back and who knows - you may see me armed with this stuff at ADI. ( On guard Talby!)

The idea of a waterless wash doesn't sit well with me. I know a lot of guys use Optimum no rinse but I prefer to hold of washing until I can give the car a decent rinse first.

What was your motivation for going waterless?

The idea of a waterless wash doesn't sit well with me. I know a lot of guys use Optimum no rinse but I prefer to hold of washing until I can give the car a decent rinse first.

What was your motivation for going waterless?

I saw it advertised and watched a few videos and thought I would try it . Also saves you using up to 2000 ltrs of water. It really does work.

who knows - you may see me armed with this stuff at ADI. ( On guard Talby!)

I think this reputation I'm getting is being blown out of proportion! I'm starting to feel the pressure already!
Let me know how you get on with the stuff and I may also make a purchase but then again I am quite happy with the set up I have right now.

I think this reputation I'm getting is being blown out of proportion! I'm starting to feel the pressure already!

No pressure mate just a jolly jape! I'll be glad there's someone else other than me cleaning the car on the club stand :eek: - although I do recall true-blue spending a good bit of the day in 2009 polishing his car! I've a good excuse too as there'll be few others driving the distance I'm coming unless Nigel (tdige) is coming down from Edinburgh this year.

Can't see my car standing out any this year. The paint is quite swirly and needs a machine polish which I've still not got the nerve to attempt. It'll be shiny but nothing special and my alloys are pretty kerbed too due to the frequency that they keep jumping in front of my beloved!

Cheers, M

Have you took the plunge yet and ordered it yet ? look forward to your thoughts on it . I have truly been converted :)

No pressure mate just a jolly jape! I'll be glad there's someone else other than me cleaning the car on the club stand :eek: - although I do recall true-blue spending a good bit of the day in 2009 polishing his car! I've a good excuse too as there'll be few others driving the distance I'm coming unless Nigel (tdige) is coming down from Edinburgh this year.

Can't see my car standing out any this year. The paint is quite swirly and needs a machine polish which I've still not got the nerve to attempt. It'll be shiny but nothing special and my alloys are pretty kerbed too due to the frequency that they keep jumping in front of my beloved!

Cheers, M

Cheers, M
Yeah, luckily I'm not too far away but I'm not sure weather I'm going to have time to give mine a proper going over before the show. This weekend has rain forecast and I'm pretty sure I'll be busy the weekend after. I also have a car related side project that I've been working on for a while that's taking up a a lot of my time. I just hope I can finish it in time to a standard I'm happy with. It wont be to everyones taste but it's been kinda fun to do..

Not me Paul. After some thought I decided that any cleanser that doesn't use water will risk drawing grit over the paintwork due to insufficient lubrication, and as I like the process of cleaning the wheel hubs/arches/underbody etc. - I'll keep wasting water!

Probably be grand for a quick going over if the car isn't that dirty. Its a good site though and they do have some products I'm tempted by. Thanks for sharing.

Back