Not bothered Insuring motorbike this year ..☹️

My carol Nash bike insurance due in 2 weeks not going to bother as I can only see these lockdowns continuing off and on for beyond end of this year having only essential travel allowed ? I worked overwinter doing little mods inc taking off the Ducati mirrors and replacing with these as I’m sat on bike the view is much clearer down the sides of my body it may not look like it but true ...a fold out bar end mirror for that blind spot .i also took off the decal kit and had it painted properly ..I wanted to see if long term I wanted to keep this paint scheme ..I do I love it ?..
You don’t lose any no claims discount for not insuring for a year..in these times I think it’s sensible for me ..it’s not likely to get stolen where we live and the systems I have in place it’s like fort Knox ?..
E9248C18-9C8D-4673-BC90-D1C35D36F3D4.jpeg

Last edited:
My Insurance is due on mine later next month too. I don't do that many miles anyway and at around £90 for the year i'm hoping to get some miles on it even if its just to work when we can back to that.

Cheers Phil

This is my marmite Bike/tractor lol. Haley's you either love them or hate them.

View attachment 62770

Cheers Phil
My biggest regret Sally hears it often enough ☹..I had a 1941 Indian scout 741
7758A0A2-897E-4AA6-A045-F72946CE0208.jpeg
same as this one (library pic) I left bikes for a few years then came back to them .. sold the old Indian to a guy in South Wales ..
The earlier Indian scouts are still used today in the wall of death you see round the shows...if you have never watched please do ..
94AF1C30-0AE0-4557-8840-158908E25954.jpeg

Last edited:
My carol Nash bike insurance due in 2 weeks not going to bother as I can only see these lockdowns continuing off and on for beyond end of this year having only essential travel allowed ? I worked overwinter doing little mods inc taking off the Ducati mirrors and replacing with these as I’m sat on bike the view is much clearer down the sides of my body it may not look like it but true ...a fold out bar end mirror for that blind spot .i also took off the decal kit and had it painted properly ..I wanted to see if long term I wanted to keep this paint scheme ..I do I love it ?..
You don’t lose any no claims discount for not insuring for a year..in these times I think it’s sensible for me ..it’s not likely to get stolen where we live and the systems I have in place it’s like fort Knox ?..View attachment 62723
Very nice bit of kit Sir, I would love one, but fear that I would probably be too mad and end up in a wall at high speed!....bad enough in a car ?

Back