Not to sure about this

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom

Has any bods on here had one,/ have one and do/did they work ok

The radio in the white one is the concert 2 and the silver one is the symphony 2 so both should be ok.

Any advice re fitting?

Ta chaps.

Yes that is what I use. You store music in six different folders on a micro sd or usb stick that then become cd1-6 . The wiring is straight forward, just remember to connect the black wire to the radio chassis. I located the box in the dash storage area and cut a small hole in the rear of it for the cable to pass through. The aux in is on the front for your phone.

I had one of these too, and if I can fit it, then it must be easy :)

The only thing I did find was you had to follow the folder naming convention TO THE LETTER! Otherwise the folders got mixed around.

I think I've got one of those here, and I've definitely got a connect2 unit. They were in breakers that I had. Happy to send for the price of postage if I can find them.

Regarding the folders for cd1-6 it is the time and date that controls the order of the folders . So folder 1 is the earliest folder 2 second oldest... you get the idea. So just make six folders and then decide what you want to put in them.

I had one of these too, and if I can fit it, then it must be easy :)

The only thing I did find was you had to follow the folder naming convention TO THE LETTER! Otherwise the folders got mixed around.
Regarding the folders for cd1-6 it is the time and date that controls the order of the folders . So folder 1 is the earliest folder 2 second oldest... you get the idea. So just make six folders and then decide what you want to put in them.

That is true if you don't use the correct naming convention. I believe if you name them CD01, CD02 ... CD06 it works, but this is from memory. It might need a space in between the CD and number though.

Maximum of 99 files per folder as well, this is a limitation of the CD reader in the head unit (and Red Book CD Standards) rather than the unit itself.

Also, I found that using SD cards is mildly preferable to using USB cards with them, as they seem to start up quicker. Whether this is because of the speed of reading the cards I couldn't actually say as I never had one long enough to experiment.

On the whole though, the sound quality was plenty good enough with or without BOSE. (Obviously better with BOSE ;))

Litterly just made six folders named 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. The box then sees the 6 folders and assigns button 1 to folder 1button 2 to folder 2 etc. Works a charm on the concert ii. Sound quality really is good ( better on Bose ) and sounds far better than playing from the phone.

Just checked what exactly I was using as the storage. It is a 16Gb SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive.
My folders contain
1=465Mb 2=167Mb 3=543Mb 4=1.94Gb 5=591Mb and 6=542Mb , and I think it has to be formatted Fat32.

Back