Old A2 back up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmckie1

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while as I've been on holiday for a few weeks but I have been quietly reading what you all have to say with interest.

I just wanted to let everyone know that my old A2 is now officially back on sale from Ingram Audi in Paisley. Reg is Y561 VGA. For all of you who haven't read my previous posts it was a very troublesome car and you don't want it.

Well even after all the trouble it caused me and as good as my A3 is I still would love a good A2. Hope you are all enjoying yours.

I must admit I would also love to get an car with the voltswagen 130Bhp 1.9 TDi engine as some of the ex-A2 owners here have done. How is life going with the Golf's anyway.

I see the new Seat Ibiza is also getting the 130Bhp Tdi engine.

I was in Tenerife recently and seen 1 A2. It was blooby roasting and the owner had it parked without the reflective windscreen thingy. Hope he has air-con. I must admit I hardly saw any Audi's in tenerife. Plenty of Merc's and BMW's and LOADS of Seat Ibiza's. I wonder if all the Spaniards there realise that Voltswagen now own Seat and there loyalty is partially misplaced.

However if British owners had shown the same loyalty towards British cars maybe we would still have a vibrant car industry. Granted British cars have been less than top class in the past but if I could afford it I would buy a new Jag over a BMW,Audi or Merc as it keeps British workers in a job. Before you point out the obvious I know Jaguar is owned by Ford.

Happy motoring.

Cheers,

Jamie.[:p]

Jamei,

Well they have been some time trying to sell your car. Perhaps its time to give it a price reduction.

As to Jaguars, well they really have missed a trick by avoiding the small car market. Can you just imagine the quality of the interior which they could produce on a nice little luxury saloon. In fact they could almost be guaranteed my custom just from a patriotic point of view (2 Jags John).

Us Golf owners might be blending in with the street scene, but I believe we are all enjoying the very lively performance and good fuel consumption from the dirty diesel.

Regards
John Disdale

I thought Jaguar were marketing the newish X-type as the 'small' car. I saw a repeat TV program on BBC about the X-type, and Jaguar were saying they want 25 year olds to buy them. I may well be 25, but there's no way I'd buy a car that large, thirsty or expensive. Jaguar need a Mini or A2 to appeal to younger buyers. And the british car industry needs these kind of cars.

I'm in the lucky position of not deciding if an A2 is the way forward for me. If they dropped the PD130 into an A2 then it would make it an easier choice! As long as it offered a 400+ mile range.

quote:Originally posted by John Disdale
Gav - When I say small I likewise meant something like the A2 or Golf.
Exactly - that's why I said the 'small' Jaguar. It's not small! I agree they need proper small cars if they want younger buyers (ie below 60!). I'm looking to go from my Punto (supermini / B class) to a small family / C class vechice (A2, Stilo). X-type's a large family car based on a Mondeo. Cars do seem to be getting larger - the new Polo is larger than the original Golf! I remember my fathers old Cavalier MkII being about the same size as an Astra MkIII, and my Punto's only slightly smaller! Crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back