Open Sky roof spares

iforland

Hi,
I'm working on my 2001 A2 and the Open Sky roof will open without any issues, however when closing the front glass panel only moves on the left side, the right side doesn't move at all.

I've checked and it looks like the clamp/bracket (whatever its called) - the bit that hooks into the glass panels and moves them back and forward has broken in such a way that it opens with no issue, but when closing it doesn't engage with the roof.

For now I have managed by hand to close and disable the roof.

Does anyone have a broken roof that I could get bits from to fix this?

Hi,
I'm working on my 2001 A2 and the Open Sky roof will open without any issues, however when closing the front glass panel only moves on the left side, the right side doesn't move at all.

I've checked and it looks like the clamp/bracket (whatever its called) - the bit that hooks into the glass panels and moves them back and forward has broken in such a way that it opens with no issue, but when closing it doesn't engage with the roof.

For now I have managed by hand to close and disable the roof.

Does anyone have a broken roof that I could get bits from to fix this?
@A2Steve @Clackers @Ami @depronman @Kleynie
Steve sometimes has entire OSS units coming off cars being dismantled, Andy and Ami are also A2oc dismantlers who may encounter these on occasion, Paul makes replacement parts for the OSS, and @Kleynie is the club expert on OSS repairs.

Reactions: Ami
You are probably describing this https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/project-jag.46508/post-445556 (shameless plug)

You need a "repair plate" which is not part of any old OSS so don't waste your time looking for parts in old roofs.

Also, have a look at https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/oss-the-german-way.41362/

Back