Options / members experience - Exhaust alterations

Any members that of change the exhaust system at all ?

Was thinking of a more deeper sound ?
(Fiat 500 Abrath sounds awesome)

I know some full complete exhaust changes can give you a little more BHP.

Thanks.

rosscanning

A2OC Donor
I have a decat on my tdi, Changed exhaust note a lot. Best sound for me is when I switch engine off I can hear turbo churp away. Paul’s remap with my decat puts a smile on my face everyday for a little tdi.

I know of mike ‘Skipton’ having a full exhaust system, sure he will come along soon and tell you all about it. As for bhp yes they do release a couple but nothing to get excited about.

What engine do you have?

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
I've got a 2.5 inch powerflow cat back on mine. If you are looking for the tone of an Abarth you won't achieve it with a TDI. It's more of a louder version of the standard sound.

rosscanning

A2OC Donor
Not a swerve, I recently had a Mot and emission test was fine. Ok law says no but our little tdi’s arn’t doing any harm.
Now on the other hand if you have a de-cat Petrol it would never pass emission test.

damadgeruk

Admin Team
I have a decat on my tdi, Changed exhaust note a lot. Best sound for me is when I switch engine off I can hear turbo churp away. Paul’s remap with my decat puts a smile on my face everyday for a little tdi.

I know of mike ‘Skipton’ having a full exhaust system, sure he will come along soon and tell you all about it. As for bhp yes they do release a couple but nothing to get excited about.

What engine do you have?
Which decat have you got, or is it an empty original? Been toying with adding this to my ever growing list. :)

rosscanning

A2OC Donor
Which decat have you got, or is it an empty original? Been toying with adding this to my ever growing list. :)
Basically My flexi was shot so when I went to my local exhaust performance place he did suggest gutting out original cat but I said just weld in a straight pipe.
I could try and upload a video of what it sounds like if you wish ?

What engine do you have?
Hi

Sport 90.
Re mapped.
Stealth.

rosscanning

A2OC Donor
Hi

Sport 90.
Re mapped.
Stealth.
I think you would benefit a little, main factor is throttle response and lower down torque on mine. On a mapped 90 you should notice this too.
Cheers spike.

Does he roll this out for others?
I'm interested (but depends on cost)

- I'm in Chester so not far away.

Thanks.
I don’t believe mike does this for others. Honestly any performance exhaust place will cut Cat out and weld in a straight section, or if you want OEM look ask them to hollow it out and re-weld it back in place.

For an idea of cost (northeast) I payed £130 for a new flexi and new decat section.

Ross

What engine do you have?
Sport 90.
Mapped to 125 BHP

What engine do you have?
Apologies for very late reply.....

Sport 90 re mapped to 125 BHP.
So is the de cat worth it?

Cheers.

rosscanning

A2OC Donor
Apologies for very late reply.....

Sport 90 re mapped to 125 BHP.
So is the de cat worth it?

Cheers.
Yes it’s worth it, throttle response was the main positive difference.
There was more noticeable black smoke when drivers are right on your bumper being a nuisance and you want to give them the black smoke finger ;) they soon back off when their air vents are full of soot!

With me changing cars from AMF to BHC I’ll be doing the same with back box delete too.

Ross