Parcel shelf won't retract.

JimmyJam

Hi guys. Since I have had my car the retracting parcel shelf does not retract back. So just flops down in its pulled out position. I have had both ends off. Rolled it out, rolled it back so it has tension on it. And put back together, I pull it out and then stays out. Can anyone advise or is it broken. Thank you

Hi guys. Since I have had my car the retracting parcel shelf does not retract back. So just flops down in its pulled out position. I have had both ends off. Rolled it out, rolled it back so it has tension on it. And put back together, I pull it out and then stays out. Can anyone advise or is it broken. Thank you

A clear photo (or 2) of the shelf in situ might help.

Attachments

• IMG_20220313_144034 (1).jpg
    IMG_20220313_144034 (1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20220313_144028 (1).jpg
    IMG_20220313_144028 (1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
Thanks for posting those. There's nothing obvious that I can spot causing the problem, so I'll leave it to others to puzzle this one out.

Yes it's strange, I can hand roll it back so it has spring tension, and when I put square cover back on, I pull it it and it just drags out and stays out. So annoying.

If the internal mechanism that retracts the blind is goosed, it might be be easier to place a wanted ad in the marketplace than to attempt a repair. They do come up fairly regularly and our regular salvage suppliers offer good pricing structures too.

I'm never hundred percent sure on the colour I have it's like beige brown. Not sure if twist maybe. That's the colour I have.

@JimmyJam, Looking at your seats and the boot trim, are you certain it isn’t black? I admit it seems lighter but wonder if that is a trick of the camera. From the interior combination you appear to have, that’s what I’d expect to see. Either way, a black one as per @A2Steve (‘s) offer above would not look out of place.

Yes you are right it is a 2001 seems to have a dark dash and a swing interior, but then the boot liner etc looks grey.

I'm never hundred percent sure on the colour I have it's like beige brown. Not sure if twist maybe. That's the colour I have.
Hi Jimmy, Those seat look remarkably like soul black from the rear pal, the air vent I sent you first time was twist, the second one was soul, I think you may be getting the twist and soul mixed up. I'm now intrigued as to the colour of the seats and door cards, can you take a pic on here and we will advise you as to the correct colour, then you won't fall foul of ordering incorrect colours ever again!
Stay safe
Andy

I seem to have a soul black dash and twist colour interior doors and internal plastic trims.
Sounds like someone has had a bespoke plastics swap around, your carpets look black and the dash being black, I'd have thought everything else would have been soul too....I may be wrong.
Andy

I still stand by what I said here and what has been reinforced by Simon and Andy. Black will look fine.

@JimmyJam, Looking at your seats and the boot trim, are you certain it isn’t black? I admit it seems lighter but wonder if that is a trick of the camera. From the interior combination you appear to have, that’s what I’d expect to see. Either way, a black one as per @A2Steve (‘s) offer above would not look out of place.

Back