Parcel tape removal

badlyread

A2OC Donor
Hi All

See 'Holiday Blues' in General for reasons, but how do I get brown parcel tape off the body of my car without damaging the paint? Most of the plastic layer of the tape came off leaving a brown mess underneath.

Help very much appreciated.

Regards

Neil

Hi All

See 'Holiday Blues' in General for reasons, but how do I get brown parcel tape off the body of my car without damaging the paint? Most of the plastic layer of the tape came off leaving a brown mess underneath.

Help very much appreciated.

Regards

Neil

You need to get hold of some Tar & glue remover that works a treat

Phil

Phil, As your the expert on this, Isn't 2 pack thinners good to get this sort of goo off? I use it for these kinds of jobs, it worked a treat on the hatch under the number plate where there was tons of the goo where the plate had been stuck on with some double sided tape.

P.s whatever you use, WEAR GLOVES, I had a bad reaction to my skin once while using these chemicals.

Cheers

Sarge

Phil, As your the expert on this, Isn't 2 pack thinners good to get this sort of goo off? I use it for these kinds of jobs, it worked a treat on the hatch under the number plate where there was tons of the goo where the plate had been stuck on with some double sided tape.

P.s whatever you use, WEAR GLOVES, I had a bad reaction to my skin once while using these chemicals.

Cheers

Sarge

I find thinners on plastic and rubber can send it white (plus it can melt the rubber) and Sarge thinners will take all the moisture out of the skin i always use gloves with thinners

Phil

yeah sarge, I use white spirit which is most common. Does the tape left over and stuck on organic matters really well. But don't over do it and it may take some polish off. Nothing can't be fixed with a quick polish afterwards like Phil said.

Use white spirit NOT thinner. If your car has been repainted, the thinner will remove the lacquer top coat!

Thank you for all your suggestions. The job is now done and only took 10 mins with Spike's suggestion of 'Sticky Stuff Remover'. This is gentle, serious stuff. No effort needed at all. Cheers Spike.:)

Regards

Neil

Back