Picking this 1.6fsi up Monday.

As long as it's as described i will be travelling back with this nice 1.6 fsi. The plan is to use it whilst i work on the 1.4 dream machine sorting out it's new engine. It just seamed the best thing to do and will be nice to see what a 1.6 fsi is like to drive. Engine light is on but runs fine so hopefully the drive back from Leicester might help the car as it's only covered a 1k miles a year for the last few years.

Image 10-02-2018 at 1.54 am (2).jpg

Hope it works out and that you breakdown recovery just in case something goes wrong on the way home! I like the colour (i personally think there are too many silver cars on the road and this is not just A2's. Although I do have a Silver BMW Msport Estate I would have rather of had it in another colour, but people do get out of the way for me as they think i am a plain Police car as I have my dashcam next to my mirror :) :) )

Thanks with the good luck wishes guys, fingers crossed its a good one it is a gamble but at least we will be driving it for at least 4/5 months to iron out any problems. On the bright side it has a full history has had 10 oil changes better than most at 85k making it 11 when i get it so not bad at all and a brand new battery.

Have no fear Darren although this car is lovely and well appointed it will be sold on when the 1.4 is finished. Going to have to be harsh on myself but thats life as we have too many cars as it is.

Last edited:
What a pleasure it was to deal with the owners, very nice people and was only for sale due to his wife not being able to use the car anymore.Just now received a text from Hitesh asking " was everything ok?" We were talking as you do, and he only traveled to Bristol 4 1/2 years ago to buy the car after spending ages looking for a high specced car. The owners before had a very nice private plate on it. The poor bloke has only gone a taken a £70 fine for picking me up outside Leicester station. I've offered to pay half of it but he's refused, it's his honour i believe as i was his guest. So me thinks a nice bunch of flowers via inter flora for his wife is on the cards.

Anyway,.................... as you do when your sitting on a train about to pull out of St. Pancras station,........... i sent a text to Darren and said even though it's not been advertised i bet it's got a false floor kit. Sure enough it did, :cool: Hit the jackpot, and to top it all it also has cruise control which Hitesh said he didn't know if it worked but sure enough it worked perfectly on the motorway.;) Oh and to top of all of that, :p it also has a full set factory floor mats with the crucial front mats i've been after for over a year!! :)

So as the car stands right now, the oil is as clean as a whistle, mind you i'm not surprised given the 6 long life oil changes at Audi and 4 normal oil changes,yet low miles between the last 4, so 10 in all and only 85,300 miles covered. Thankfully the engine was cold when i started it and having read they can be a bit noisy when cold was surprised this one was silent so very very pleased !

There's no doubt the FSI is a nice car, i took it easy after filling her up. I covered 90 miles yet the diss indicated 450 left in the tank driving at the speed limit. So it's impressive in the fuel department indicating 560 miles on a tank which beats the 1.4 which we managed 514 actually travelled give or take a couple miles only. This car is an se model on 16" alloys and feels so much more comfortable than the 17" sport spec of our 1.4 but our 1.4 feels so well planted and it's something i love but must admit this Se spec car i could certainly get used to on our dreadful roads.

One thing that really put me of was getting into a car without colour diss, there's no way i could go back now!

So we have the engine light on as i indicated at the start of this thread and in the service records i have 2 fault codes; -

1. 17439 - intake manifold tuning valve (N316) set point t not reached P1031

2. 17432 - Control valve fuel pressure - N276 open circuit P1024.

Going to go out for a drive a bit later and the Mrs has said she's doing the same Lol. She mentioned what if i don't want to let it go? i said i'm afraid you'll have to but rest assured the 1.4 will be a much better car when the new engine is sorted.

The only pic for now.

2018_02_12_PHOTO_00000092.jpg

Last edited:
Great buy and a great little car I saw it advertised with its faults but easily rectified..

I had this code on Boxy.. 17439 - intake manifold tuning valve (N316) set point t not reached P1031 also

I replaced it with a £15.00 one from eBay but @A2Steve has a FSI in bits so may have one

Attachments

• AAB04E53-FB09-4D44-8FF2-E91E58C0F892.jpeg
    AAB04E53-FB09-4D44-8FF2-E91E58C0F892.jpeg
    612.6 KB · Views: 553
  • 99EC4E3F-8829-42BD-AFE3-D15D50FDA799.jpeg
    99EC4E3F-8829-42BD-AFE3-D15D50FDA799.jpeg
    505.1 KB · Views: 706
Last edited:
Well done Mark, looks very nice. I always noticed that the 1.6s are really quiet - even more so when you're used to the clattery diesels, when I picked up my dad's from Wembley I had to keep checking the rev counter to make sure it hadn't stalled.

It sounds a lovely car Mark and I'm pleased it is such a refined and well ordered FSI. I've said it a few times, but a sorted 1.6 does compliment the A2 well. It looks brand new in that picture. Awesome colour combination - beautiful pine green and twist interior.

Cheers Darren i think i'll need to make a visit to MK soon.;)

Car sounds and looks good. It's SO nice to deal with people like the seller you described. I often tell my daughter (13yo)that it costs nothing to be nice though it pays dividend and she remembers this as she's experienced the rewards from various (unrelated) people over the years. 17439 is the reason our FSI got parked though I am working on getting it back on the road now. Good luck with the diagnosis, I'll stay tuned. :)
P. S. Sister is a florist, she'd recommend you contact a local florist rather than using interflora as you'll get nicer flowers for the money.

Car sounds and looks good. It's SO nice to deal with people like the seller you described. I often tell my daughter (13yo)that it costs nothing to be nice though it pays dividend and she remembers this as she's experienced the rewards from various (unrelated) people over the years. 17439 is the reason our FSI got parked though I am working on getting it back on the road now. Good luck with the diagnosis, I'll stay tuned. :)
P. S. Sister is a florist, she'd recommend you contact a local florist rather than using interflora as you'll get nicer flowers for the money.

Good advice there which i will take on board thanks for that! :) Fingers crossed its only the part Boxy posted up especially if it's fixes it for £15. I said to the seller i feel comfortable and happy with the sale because you've not tried to oversell the car like a dealer if anything you've under sold it. He didn't seam worried he thought what the auction made was more than enough given the fault.

Well done Mark, looks very nice. I always noticed that the 1.6s are really quiet - even more so when you're used to the clattery diesels, when I picked up my dad's from Wembley I had to keep checking the rev counter to make sure it hadn't stalled.

Cheers Jeremy, I was shocked at how quiet it was on cold idle. Its needs a good polish and spruce up but yes it's a nice car.

Very nice color and interior. Reminds me my former 1.4 years ago !
The FSI outperforms the 1.4 in every concern. (Except hard cornering because of the weight increase on the front).

Back