Polish (not a country east of Germany)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the forum over the last few months I realise that I have not been looking after my cars (A2 and A6) as I should.

The forum has persuaded me to stop visiting the automatic car wash and I am pleased to relate that both cars are virgins in this respect. I did mistreat my A4 (now sadly gone) a few times in this regard and I did notice that the paintwork suffered.

How do I wash a car? From experience the only thing I have learned is never wash it while the metal is hot because you end up with watermarks – not a problem on say a silver car but definitely a problem where your car is black!

I use Teflon Simoniz as a shampoo (on the car that is – I prefer Head and Shoulders) which I like. I use the Turtlewax Canoba wax treatment for bodywork and wheels (the more expensive one – about £10 a bottle) and Autoglym glass polish for the Open Sky and all that glass. I have Autoglym high resin polish and Extra Gloss but have never opened the bottles (except once to polish up my old Omega) as I was told that polish thins the paint. I was told you should only use polish when the paint needed "livening up" – very rarely. I also have Autoglym alloy wheel cleaner but I have never used that either because I am worried it will strip the alloy coating.

It is clear from the Forum that a lot of contributors polish their cars as soon as they get them home from the showroom – so I think the advice I have received earlier may have been dodgy.

Any advice gratefully received and thanks.

Jon

Jon,
This is a good question because I too don't treat my car the way I should.
I've used a Karcher (I think thats right)auto shampoo, this is applied with a soft brush, I then pressure wash the car and this time I added two coats of Auto Glym super resin polish.

I too get worried over alloys. I used wonder wheels cleaner this time but I have to say it didn't get all the brake dust off so I'm open to suggestions on how to clean the wheels and more importantly, protect them afterwards...

Roy

Stevo seems very clued up when it comes to polishes, so I’m sure he will have something to contribute to the subject. The recent forum topic covering “Autoglym” ended up getting deleted, however I had decided to experiment with the stuff on the VW Polo which I had been using as a courtesy car over the past 9 weeks. The paintwork on this 2 year old looked very tired and neglected, and I started off giving it a coat of “Autoglym Resin Polish” following up with a coat of their “High Gloss” protection. This made a huge difference, and the car did gleam.

The following week after washing it came up as though I had just polished it, but I decided to add another coat of “High Gloss”. This product is very quick to apply, and leaves no dust when polishing it off, so I figure it’s no real hardship to use it say once a month.

I was trying to research what I might use on my new Golf, but things have moved so quickly that here am I now using the “Autoglym”. I really do not have a clue how often the “Resin Polish” should be used, but if I stick with it I reckon twice a year should be okay, although I shall probably try asking the manufacturer for some guidelines.

In terms of using any commercial valet services its my opinion that such businesses seem to employ kids or animals, and I would prefer it if they got no closer than 100 metres from my car.

Regards
John Disdale

Long Winded I Know but here is thee polish.
Welcome to the world of excellence
In premium quality vehicle care.
Wax Wizard is proud to introduce to you swizöl®
high performance car care
hand made in Switzerland
Contents

Contents

Welcome to swizöl, the swizöl audience
The Company, Certification of Quality, Dedication to Employees
What is swizöl?, the swizöl secret,
Mission Statement

Contact
Welcome to swizöl.
These pages have been written for readers and consumers in the United Kingdom and the European Community. Here, you will find described, a range of vehicle care products and methodology. Swizöl products are, quite possibly, the world’s very finest quality. This is not an idle boast; it is a simple statement of fact. Swizöl products are authenticated by the most demanding of European customers.
The swizöl audience:
As a newcomer you may ask:
· What is the reason for another product range introducing vehicle care products to an already saturated market?
The reason is:
· The products and methods described here are quite simply, a totally different concept in terms of quality and the target audience to which they are addressed.
Swizöl products were never designed to:
· Offer an alternative to products already found in profusion on the shelves of chain stores and garages.
· Nor to service the needs of a mass market,
· Neither to compete on price at the expense of quality.
· And especially not to appeal to the person who views his/her vehicle simply as a method of transport.

The swizöl products listed here are:
· The very best quality in the world.
· Prepared by hand without compromise.
· Using only the finest and purest ingredients.
· Producing the most perfect surface finish you will ever see.
· Being completely acid free and totally safe to use.
· Which fully conform to very strict European and Swiss legislation governing washing and cleaning substances.

These products are designed for people who:
· Take pride in the appearance of their vehicle(s).
· Believe that it is more than the sum of its constituent parts.
· Enjoy the feel of using exclusive hand made products.
· Experience the delight in admiring the pristine appearance of a perfect finish.
· Take comfort in the knowledge that it will last for a very long time.
· And savour in the satisfaction of appreciated resale value.

The Company
Swizöl is made by Anwander & Co. AG. The company is a research and paint manufacturing company with its offices, laboratories and production facilities situated in Schlieren, a sub district of Zürich, Switzerland. The company’s beginning go back to the 19th century when it first produced the jars of “Antikwachs” (Antiques Wax).

Throughout their history, one over riding principle has guided the activities of the company: to produce the world’s finest quality products. To this end, it spends 20% of its annual turnover on research and marketing.

Each product is continually re-assessed, and, if any new materials offer improvements, either in terms of quality or performance, then they are introduced into the production stage.

This philosophy has led to the creation of more than ten decades of innovative concepts and products.

Certification Of Quality

The concepts of extremely high standards stretches throughout the company, from research to point of sale, ensuring total customer confidence and satisfaction.

Furthermore, all sales outlets (both current and future) are considered to be “partners” in the company. This strategy ensures an atmosphere of total dedication to customer support and communication. The company therefore, guarantees the highest standards of product quality and best commercial procedures.

Dedication To Employees

“Quality is always achieved by people, and our committed and loyal employees are this company’s most important asset. The employees guarantee the company’s top position as a result of their hard work and dedication. It is a firm principle of the company that all management positions are filled from it’s own ranks”.

This responsibility also extends to our environment, we are all charged with leaving behind a better world for future generations.

A refreshing attitude and an example to all companies.
What is swizöl?

Swizöl is a complete automotive care system consisting of natural washing, cleaning and feeding products. Like many great products, the company’s waxes were originally designed around the kitchen table. The old Anwander chemist shop was the original laboratory as well as production site for the first jars of “Antikwachs” (Antique Wax) – a formula developed in the late 19th century for precious antiques and lacquers. From these humble beginnings of those first precious jars of Antikwachs, the Anwander family’s passion for colours, lacquers, paints and waxes have taken them far. For over three generations, the original formula has been updated and modified through extensive research and testing.

Each swizöl container is still blended and poured exclusively by hand. The rare, natural products used in swizöl products, are amongst the most expensive and luxurious ever put into automotive care products. There are quite simply no compromises when it comes to the pursuit of the ultimate wax and automotive car system. We invite you to try swizöl for yourself and see why it’s products are famous amongst car enthusiasts all over Europe.

The swizöl secret

Swizöl contains no petrochemical solvents or abrasives, so it is safe for all types of paint finish, including new clear coats and classic lacquers. The waxes are very easy to apply and will not leave any white residue or build up along seams or crevices.

Swizöl waxes have a carnauba wax content ranging between 30% to 60% by volume, some 5 to 10 times greater than the industry standard. The carnauba used is rare grade one from Brazil. It is the world’s purest, hardest and most transparent natural wax. This gives both greater protection and increased depth of gloss.

Swizöl uses nutritive oils of coconut, banana and cinnamon (to name a few) to replace the oils originally found in your vehicle’s paint finish. They do not contain any harsh chemicals or abrasives. In fact, it is this exclusive formula that creates a glow that goes far beyond the normal perception of “shiny”. This is the swizöl advantage…science and nature in harmony!

With the Swiss reputation for excellence of quality and precision, you can be assured of the authenticity of the product. Every product for sale is guaranteed to be genuine merchandise, created and packaged in Switzerland by Anwander & Co. AG as the original and unique manufacturer. Each container carries a registered trademark, which authenticates that the contents are formulated to a precise blend of ingredients that are crafted to the highest of standards of quality, safety and performance.

The complete product range has no equal for:
· Purity and quality of the ingredients used in the formulations.
· Ease of application and use.
· Economy of use.
· Quality of finish achieved.
· Longevity of the applied finish.
· Product packaging.
And finally, but most importantly, environmental and personal safety during use is assured.

SWISSOL PRICE LIST AND ORDER FORM

All prices inclusive of VAT. DATE

STARTER KITS
Code Description Size Retail Price No Ordered Value
72101 Onyx Wax Starter Kit 1 £99.99 £0.00
72103 Samurai Wax Starter Kit for Subaru and modern jap cars 1 £104.99 £0.00
Viking for Scandanavian paints 1 £104.99
72156 Saphir Wax Starter Kit 1 £124.99 0 £0.00
72117 356 Wax Starter Kit for Porsches pre 993 model 1 £124.99 £0.00
72118 911 Wax Starter Kit for Porsches from 993 model on 1 £124.99 £0.00
72164 Scuderia Wax Starter Kit for Italian Cars 1 £127.99 £0.00
72210 Shield Wax with Teflon Starter Kit inc Paint Rubber Kit 1 £161.49 £0.00
72120 Concorso (Concours) Wax Starter Kit 1 £164.99 £0.00
20890 Cabriolet Screen Kit 1 £24.99 £0.00
90300 Cabriolet Roof Cleaning Kit 1 £24.99 £0.00
90400 Paint Rubber Kit 1 £19.99 £0.00
90900 Leather Kit 1 £29.99 £0.00

FULL KITS
73101 Onyx wax Full Kit 1 £224.99 £0.00
73103 Samuria Wax Full Kit 1 £229.99 £0.00
Viking for Scandanavian paints 1 £229.99 £0.00
73156 Saphir Wax Full Kit 1 £249.99 £0.00
73117 356 Wax Full Kit for pre 993 model Porsches 1 £249.99 £0.00
73118 911 Wax Full Kit for 993 on model Porsches 1 £249.99 £0.00
73164 Scuderia Wax Full Kit for Italian cars 1 £252.99 £0.00
73165 Shield Wax with Teflon Full Kit inc Paint Rubber 1 £279.99 £0.00
73120 Concorso (Concours) Wax Full Kit 1 £289.99 £0.00
73150 Mystery Wax Full Kit 1 £439.99 £0.00

WAXES
10101 Onyx Wax 236ml £34.99 £0.00
10103 Samurai Wax for Subaru and modern Japanese paints 236ml £39.99 £0.00
Viking for Scandanavian paints 236ml £39.99 £0.00
10156 Saphir Wax 236ml £59.99 £0.00
10117 356 Wax 236ml £59.99 £0.00
10118 911 Wax 236ml £59.99 £0.00
10164 Scuderia Wax for Italian Cars 236ml £62.99 £0.00
10210 Shield Wax w/o Paint Rubber 236ml £70.00 £0.00
10210 Shield with Paint Rubber Kit (90400) 236ml £89.99 £0.00
10120 Concorso Wax (Concours) 236ml £99.99 £0.00
10150 Mystery Wax 236ml £249.99 £0.00
10199 Divine Wax (Special Order Only) 236ml + 400ml £999.99 £0.00

Shampoo/Cleaners
20203 Car Bath (Shampoo Super Concentrate) 250ml £11.99 £0.00
20201 Cleaner Fluid Standard (Cleanse) 250ml £19.99 £0.00
20211 Cleaner Fluid Standard (Cleanse) 500ml £29.99 £0.00
Cleaner Fluid Medium (Cleanse 250ml £0.00
Cleaner Fluid Strong (Cleanse) 250ml £0.00
31922 Rubber Set (Large Clay bar) 1 £49.99 £0.00
90700 Paint Rubber Small Bar 1 £5.99 £0.00
31920 Mechanical Paint Repair (to be used with Cleaner Fluid) 200gm £14.99 £0.00
31910 Quick Finish (Instant Interim Detailing fluid) 250ml £12.99 £0.00
31912 Quick Finish (Instant Interim Detailing fluid) 500ml £21.99 £0.00
20304 Crystal Glass Cleaner 100ml £9.99 0 £0.00
31960 Metal Polish 125ml £19.99 £0.00
20205 Wheel (Wheel Cleaner concentrate)) 250ml £15.99 £0.00
20900 Pneu Tyre Dressing 250ml £9.99 £0.00
50401 Wheel Brush 1 £3.99 £0.00
Detail Brush (for fine detailing) 1 £0.00
20303 Protecton (protectant for vinyl and plastics) 250ml £14.99 £0.00
20308 Fabric 100ml £14.99 £0.00
20803 Seal Feed 100ml £14.99 £0.00
20307 Engine (Engine cleaning concentrate) 250ml £19.99 £0.00
Motor Shine (Engine Bay prtectant) £0.00
20300 Leather Cleaner 250ml £11.99 £0.00
20301 Leather Milk (Feed) 250ml £14.99 £0.00
10300 Wood Polish 125ml £19.99 £0.00

Accessories
50500 White Cleanse Applicator Pad 1 £2.50 £0.00
50504 Blue Wax Applicator Pad 1 £2.50 £0.00
50501 Blue Buffing Towel 1 £6.99 £0.00
50502 Brown Buffing Towel 1 £6.99 £0.00
50503 White Interior/Wash Cloth 1 £3.40 £0.00
50910 Smart Bucket with Logo 20 ltr £19.99 £0.00
50918 Car Duster 1 £24.99 £0.00
50919 Duster Fluid 50ml £9.99 £0.00
50601 Mixing Bottle 1 £4.49 £0.00
75050 Empty Small Cooler Bag 1 £14.99 £0.00
75000 Empty Large Cooler Bag 1 £54.99 0 £0.00

IF any one wants some contact the add below yourself
His name is Mark
[email protected]

His contact number is 0044 796 713177

Or if you like send me an email and i will send you a pic of my Golf Treated with some of his products [email protected]

After many weeks of dirt and flies accumulating on my Punto, I finally decided to get some decent car care stuff, give the Punto a thorough going over and get in practice for when the A2 arrives.

I plumped for AutoGlym products and have used the Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection on the paintwork. It has bought the car up like new - with a nigh on mirror finish on the paintwork.

For the wheels, again I used AutoGlym and it has to be said this is the best stuff I've used. Months of baked on brake dust just fell off after a quick scrub with a stiff toilet brush (freshly bought I'd like to add), making the wheels look like new. AutoGlym do a wheel cleaning brush but at £11 I thought this was a bit extreme.

I've still to do the interior and the bumpers/rubber strips but I can definitely give a thumbs up to AutoGlym. I'm sure the Swissol range gives superior results to other manufacturers such as AutoGlym but that seems like a hell of a lot of money just to get the car looking good.

Almost a 1.4SE in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

I've used MER now for a few years, but thinking about it I presume this product is abrahsive to a certain extent-it's great for removing stubborn tar etc.

I will consider moving to a proper 'wax' product now.

When doing the wheels, is it just the outside bits, or do you do the inside?. Not more work please!!!.

JD-whilst you can't beat a stiff toilet brush, it all depends who is on the receiving end of one.......

Steve - 1.4SE petrol, 2002, Silver

Thanks everyone. I will take a look at the Swizol site - once I have got through the bottles of Autoglym stuff in the garage. I must stock more than the local Halfords!

Jon

Hi folks

I use (well the lady of the house!) Mer shampoo, mostly weekly or bi-weekly, and every other month I use Mer shampoo with a couple of glugs of Mer polish in with the shampoo, that way I (she) gets none of those circular waxy smears.

Az

Well my A2 only takes one bottle into the shower - namely Turtlewax Wash & Wax - and as a result needs a good polish to remove all the water marks. I may try this Autoglym stuff from Halfords.

Autoglym is pretty good - I use the shampoos, the polish and the hard reson coat.
I've also tried the Teflon polish mentioned earlier on my Wife's Honda - that seems pretty good too.

What exactly do you beat with the good stiff toilet brush JD?

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

Unfortunately I am one of lifes strange people that actually like polishing cars. I do lots of miles in my car @ 30k per year and swear by Autoglym Resin and high resin polish to make the car easier to wash on a weekly basis.

Probably polish every 3 months with the resin and apply a coat of high resin immediately after the normal resin polish, the neighbours think I am crackers polishing it twice.

On a weekly basis, I always wash the car using Autoglym shampoo followed by a thoutough rinse and leather it off to remove streaks etc - my last three cars have not seen a car wash other than from a distance at petrol stations!!.

Seriously though, keeping the car well polished makes it easier to wash the motorway grime off and therefore less time consuming and you always have a nice looking car for at leat the start of the week.

If you remember, I posted a note the other week regarding should we or shouldn't we buy an A2 for my wife, we are close now, in fact went on saturday to order it, but the salesman wasn't there and my wife wants to give him her money because he has been so helpful - the first thing I will do when it does come is to give a coat of both polishes.

The wheels on my car are a nighmare BMW M "V" spoke - look wonderful in their full 18" splendor - try cleaning them with discs all round.

I use either BMW wheel cleaner or Autoglym alloy wheel cleaner and for both I spray it on and then use a soft brush (not toilet) that has no metal collars like paint brushes (dont want scratches) and gently work the solution into the grime - then rinse off with the hose or in my case now a Karcher jet wash.

This works, but it actually takes as long to do the wheels as it does to do the car - don't leave the dust for more than a couple of weeks otherwise it is a nightmare.

I find polishing a cleaning (the cars) very relaxing - so chill and enjoy.

SJ

I have told you before ..................Neilsen's Liquid Gold
Autoglym is very good. Neilsen's knocks it into a cocked hat![8D][^]

icon_smile_cool.gif

Having recently seen one in action I have just purchased one of those silicone squeegee things which remove the water from the bodywork 3 times faster than a leather. Does anyone have good or bad experiences with these ?

Regards
John Disdale

Hi Jd got the photos ok leather looks the business regards your last yes i have been using one for about 2 years ,i got it in US whilst on hols. I have had no problems with it and it does not trap grit( well only if you are from Harrogate and don,t wash the car first) it takes of about 70% of water and you finish of with the usual chamios. I might get a bite re this one
Regards Stevo

I also use one of those Hydra things to flick the water off the car - and it works extremely well.

No problems with grit if you have washed the car first.

Paul
1.4TDi, leather, Open Sky, BOSE, 6 CD, alu trim, cruise, DIS, etc. etc.

Maersk,

Does your comment come from something which you have read, or is it from personal experience ?

I must say that if particles of grit are evident at any stage in washing a car, then regardless of what is used to remove the water it must be a threat of some type. This is why I figure its so important to hose the car down with mega gallons of water before ever applying the shampoo with a sponge, and why following this process needs more mega gallons to wash it off before touching it with a leather or silicone gitzmo.

In thinking about this from a level of common sense, if a particle of grit does exist then the silicone blade would only push it along horizontally, however if a leather is used then any grit is automatically trapped underneath it. As a consequence of applying some downward pressure on the leather I would have thought that a greater risk existed in scratching the paint.

Of course my tips do presume that those north of Watford are benefiting from the pleasures of having running water.

To be warned is to be forearmed, and I confess when I use my gitzmo I shall regularly check the edge of the blade for foreign matter – which of course is a 1000 times easier than checking a large sheet of leather.

Regards
John Disdale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back