Polo A pillar dented by fallen tree: try to pin pull?

BiggDogg

A2OC Donor
A falling dead tree has dented my son’s 2002 Polo A pillar and smashed the screen. No doubt an economic write-off for insurance, but given all new parts we’ve fitted recently, I’m considering trying to DIY and pin-pull the dents out. I’ve lots of experience welding and fabricating for body repairs in steel but nothing like this. Any advice?
f15bec4bb626747dfa62ffe9f4393f45.jpg
d2e536fef9c994694c3b6b7bf08f1834.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A pillar inner trim off and push out from the back of the dents, may need to drill holes to push it out, then weld holes up afterwards, if you can get then 95 out then finish with body filler, try to get them out before the screen is removed. have the screen removed then finish the filling, prime and paint before fitting the new screen, ideal have the screen offered up to the car before painting

Thanks very much Paul, due to holiday season and too much on I've decided to get a local classic car bodyshop to pin-pull then fill the a-pillar and fit new screen, paint and then after that sort out the door mirror and wing myself. They reckon it should be done this week.
Meanwhile my A2 TDI 90 is having its A/C compressor replaced today, after a sudden failure 2w ago on the way home from work, so that'll put an end to the heatwave.
Matt

Back