Position of reversing light switch

Andyhall

Hi,
I've recently bought a Audi a2 1.4 petrol (great car), can you tell me where the switch is for the reversing light. The reversing light is intermidently coming on.

Regards

Hi, and welcome to the A2oc.

Take a look at item 25 on this parts diagram - http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a2/a2/2003-248/3/301-301033/

Cheers Spike

Morning Spike,

I know this post is 3.5 years old but wandering if you could help.

The next thing to finish whilst I find myself having a little more time on my hands right now is the Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror. I am after a reverse light positive feed within the car itself. I don't want to run cable from the rear light housing as Im sure there must be a fuse/relay somewhere in vicinity of the passenger footwell.

I can see item 25 for the sender on the gearbox, do you know where the cable from this goes to, surely it doesn't go direct to the rear light cluster.

Hope you are well up the road.

Kind regards,

Tom

This wiring diagm should help

Cheers Spike A2mirror.JPG

This wiring diagm should help

Cheers SpikeView attachment 64789

Thank you Spike,

Did I miss this recently. Thanks again as this is a step closer for me. I’m no expert in reading these wiring diagrams, before I make a right hash of this retrofit are you able to confirm my understanding as the following:

Automatic Anti Dazzle Mirror pins 1-6.

1. Switched live from Pin38 (fuse box below steering column.
2. Good earth point which I know is at the bottom of both A Pillars.
3. Taken from pin 16 on the blue 17 pin connector in passenger footwell ( is this under the aluminium cover or the A Pillar)
6. Taken from Pin 6 on the light switch pack overhead.

I know that to many, it would appear that I should just step away if I’m asking these questions but I am pretty confident in what I’m doing, I just don’t quite understand these wiring diagrams.

Thank you so much for the assistance so far Spike.

Kind regards,

Tom

Yep A2 wiring is fun... Frequently the colour of the wire you are trying to trace or the connector it is supposed to be in is not the same as the wiring manual. ALWAYS verify the connection / wire with a meter. You appear to have figured out the wiring.

Hi Tom
I've no first hand experience of this particular wiring layout but the compartment under the carpets in the passenger footwell would also be my best guess for the blue 17pin connector location.
Your approach sounds similar to mine - just chip away gleaning info from every source possible then when you feel totally comfortable, get stuck in.
Sound advice from audifan. On my 2001 TDi I think the 80 / 20 rule is appropriate. IE 80% of the time the wiring diagm is spot on for wiring colours and pin locations, and 20% of the time there are minor differences

Cheers Spike

Back