Possbile to copy/paste a remap into another car.?

motosport

I have two identical A2's, both TDI 75, same mileage within 10k, both run really well without any issues and almost same spec too. My silver car had a remap last year with the most knowledgable TDI tuner here in DK, who did a custom remap with numerous runs on a rolling road.

So my question is, is it possible with VCDS to copy that remap program from my silver car and transfer it onto my black car.? I realise the remap wont be as tailor made as for the silver car, but since both car are identical in spec, mileage and condition/performance, I dont't think it will be far of either.. Probably not enough for me to notice I would imagine.?

What think the experts here.?!? Doable or not.?

It would save me a decent amount of money as well as a 3 hour trip..

Alex.

I have two identical A2's, both TDI 75, same mileage within 10k, both run really well without any issues and almost same spec too. My silver car had a remap last year with the most knowledgable TDI tuner here in DK, who did a custom remap with numerous runs on a rolling road.

So my question is, is it possible with VCDS to copy that remap program from my silver car and transfer it onto my black car.? I realise the remap wont be as tailor made as for the silver car, but since both car are identical in spec, mileage and condition/performance, I dont't think it will be far of either.. Probably not enough for me to notice I would imagine.?

Alex.

Simple.

MPPS cable from ebay, ~10£.
Just make sure that they have the same ECU-model. You can easily see that in the MPPS software.

Then it's just a copy and paste, 5min job.
If the ECUs differ, just read the map from the mapped car, and from the unmapped car, use VAG EDC15P+ Suite and read the boosted version and make and adjust the map from the untuned car to look the same, takes no more then ~15min.

And why not ad launch control while you're at it ;) Just for the fun of it! My 1.2TDI has LC.
Just PM me if you need any help.

Thanks guys.. I figures there was a way of doing it, just not sure how as my skills are more mechanical than technical. I something I would love to learn more about though and it seems this little job would be a good way to start..

Launch control you say.. How does that work.? By just preventing the wheels from spinning, or like at proper launch control where the revs are kept at an optimum level intil the clutch is fully released in first.?

Alex

as long as the last 3 digits of the sw and hw are the same it should not be a problem, I do remapping for a living.
if you buy a lead you can all ways send me a copy with you ID numbers from both cars and ill have a look for you.
just PM me

Hi Motorsport,
Did you ever read the custom map from the ECU ? If so do you have a list of steps to follow and cable / software needed

Cheers,
Paul (Depronman)

Alex.

Alex,
Did you ever make nay progress with reading the TDI custom Map, if you I would be really interested in a copy of the custom so I can compare with the Std map

Cheers,
Paul (Depronman)

Back