Problem removing car stereo

bm_sthlm

A2OC Donor
Hey guys,

Today I wanted to remove the car stereo but bumped into some trouble. Using the stereo removing keys, only the right side actually unlocks the mechanic
The left one is complelty lose and it doesn't seem to latch on anything. It also runs all the way in, unlike the right one.

Any suggestions? Can I remove the AC control unit below it and get access that way?

You sure can, if you can supply some photo's of the situation that will help a lot. I may be wrong but I recall that you can reach in behind the AC and give it a push from the rear and it should come out. The storage tray will also pop out (even from the front - by putting your hand in it and the making your hand grip the sides and pull) - terrible explanation I know, apologies not a good day!

Check you have the keys the right way round. They should be marked "L" and "R" (left and right).
Also, once you have them the right way, add a very slight upward curve, as the latch is a little bit above the bottom of the radio, so it's easy for a flat key to slide in, under the latch.
The curved edge should be facing the centre.
Mac.

Hey, thnx for replying it was very helpful.

So basically, the previous owner (or some car mechanic) tried to brute force it open. And had completely bent the lock mechanism. With the info you posted I managed to remove the empty tray and the AC control unit. And also the trim above the radio (air conditioner out blow), it was super tight and I needed some special tools and took some time. And when that was done it only took me another 2h or so to get the actual radio out.

-_- xD

Btw guys, I dont want to start a new thread but I had a different question.

Which fuse do you guys recommend connecting a aux adapter to? I just want it to turn off when I turn off the car.

Back