Project 1.4 se day one

Darpod14

Ok guys
So here it is day one, please be gentle!
very scruffy at the minute!
the car is as above 2001.
The spec is:
Open sky
Bose
Chorus
6 disc changer
Electric windows x 4
Winter pack
Side guard
Dis
Sports leather seats
Space floor
Spare wheel
Pics to follow!

EDC51027-71A2-4409-B8CB-75F95B323DF8.jpeg
A1079E3D-1D85-4500-A790-3AA000D89628.jpeg
993D223B-FCE5-42F0-9E80-3020562F0718.jpeg
F767B682-1427-46D2-BACF-ABC39452ED1E.jpeg
4D2E1D1D-0FB6-4877-A868-BA7630FB9BCB.jpeg

Someone certainly liked their optional extras when ordering it - Audi might even have made some money selling that one!
It even had the rubber belt in the boot and a space storage box (or two?) Is that/are those still there?

Someone certainly liked their optional extras when ordering it - Audi might even have made some money selling that one!
It even had the rubber belt in the boot and a space storage box (or two?) Is that/are those still there?
The rubber belt is there, no box though!

With it being an early one you're spared the wear on the black headlight & window switches and the climate buttons, as they're hard-touch. It's just the grey panels which are vulnerable, but all these are replaceable. @A2Steve will be the man to talk to about any good ones that come up in his breakers. Ditto the offside headlight, but keep the old one to refurbish as it will be the splittable type, you might fancy a DRL modification in the future. More good news in that it sees the driver's door open in the DIS (which doesn't appear to have any of the usual pixel fade) so the fuel cap opener on the B-pillar should work - this is a common fault.

Also noticed that it's an SE model which has been upgraded to Sport spec with the options - DIS, steering wheel/gearlever, seats (plus leather). Would this really have been cheaper than getting there the other way round by optioning foglights, false floor and leather on a Sport model? The other difference by ordering an SE as the base would have been the wheels remaining at 15" or 16" instead of 17" and a keeping the slightly higher ride height, maybe these were considerations.

Last edited:
With it being an early one you're spared the wear on the black headlight & window switches and the climate buttons, as they're hard-touch. It's just the grey panels which are vulnerable, but all these are replaceable. @A2Steve will be the man to talk to about any good ones that come up in his breakers. Ditto the offside headlight, but keep the old one to refurbish as it will be the splittable type, you might fancy a DRL modification in the future. More good news in that it sees the driver's door open in the DIS (which doesn't appear to have any of the usual pixel fade) so the fuel cap opener on the B-pillar should work - this is a common fault.
The grey panels are mostly a bit mottled and showing their age, the side lights seem to have brighter lights? Could be some form of led? On a plus note everything works, open sky included!

The first owner, kept everything from, new, the spec sheet is there also, and the original 2001 brochure! Bonus! Every mot, bill etc is here, big file, now me being super ocd, this is something I like!

When I bought my white one it has all the docs from new with a listing of everything extra, i'll did it out to compare prices, mines 2004.

Can I just say thanks to everyone who has offered their help, advice and kind words on this forum since I joined, I look forward to picking your collective brains (and parts!) on my journey to getting my a2 to something even 50% of what sons of your cars are! ?

@Darpod14 - a nice car that you can improve on as you use it.

One request - please rip those tyres off and lob them in a skip ASAP; then replace them with decent rubber.

Back