Information Project Lundgren '54 Plate 1.4 Petrol

sciroccorrado

A2OC Donor
104460090.jpg
27164809_1836952459668294_3813609345708239004_o.jpg

Okay, Bought the new project car this morning. This is a 1.4 petrol that needed saving :)

Spec at the moment is a Sport spec, 54 plate with very good paintwork, but poor interior.

Current main issue and reason for owner "giving up on it" is the gearbox won't go into 2nd or 4th gears. We're hoping it's just something like the linkage needing alignment, but tomorrow hes booked to go to see Rob and Marcus at WOM Automotive for a thorough checkover.

Last edited:
???? On the colour, good luck with this one looking forward to seeing it’s progress.

To me it is a really classy colour on an A2.
Two of ours are Dolphin grey (by choice)

Steve B

Looks stunning. Really nice colour and the wheels really suit it. Also, the registration is close enough to ‘cool’ for me! KHL! Phonetic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks stunning. Really nice colour and the wheels really suit it. Also, the registration is close enough to ‘cool’ for me! KHL! Phonetic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. When I collected it today I noticed a scratch down one of the C pillars, but it will probably polish out okay, also it has had "protective pads" put on the roof edges for where a roofbar has been put. Hopefully these will again polish out.

Only other issue was when driving it on return the beeps started and the dash lit up light the proverbial Christmas tree... Possible Q style CCCU?

More likely to be a failing brake light switch. (or possibly ABS sensor problem etc.) The CCCU rarely causes dash warnings.

A VCDS scan will, of course, pinpoint it normally.

Steve B

Sorry, meant the ECU ... here's the lights ... ALL of them. ;)

IMG_20180204_192853.jpg

Admittedly one of the light bulbs did seem to be out, and the car had been sat for nearly three months (brake drums seized when trying to start initially) But we'll see what comes up.

Definitely worth checking that the brake lights are coming on, try it a few times just in case it is intermittent.

The other clue is that when you switch off and switch on again, the warnings normally stay off until you are moving and then apply the brakes.

Steve B

Well, I heard from Rob at WOM yesterday that it's nearly ready for collection.

Gear selection is now much better, apparently it looks like when the clutch was changed last year the garage caught the selection cable which stretched over time and eventually made 2nd and 4th gear selection virtually impossible (needed a damn good slam of lever to get there). A new cable has been fitted and it now works much better.

The brake sensors have been checked, and given the all clear. I suspect that as the car had been set on the driveway for nearly 4 months before my collection (and it was snowing at the time as well) that the sensors probably had dry joints, so by the time the car got to WOM it was healthy again. No lights for brakes have been coming on since it got there, and the VAGCOM check came up clean.

I've asked the guys to do a full service on the car and just to be on the safe side, I'm ordering a cambelt kit.

When it gets home I will put my spare set of number plate holders on so we can lose the gaffer tape that is currently holding the plates on, then a good clean up when she gets home.

Back