Project Methuselah

ICowie

A2OC Donor
Scotland
Project Methuselah.

A 2002 Pine green Tdi Sport 75 AMF, 5 seater black leather interior, Bose with cd autochanger, cruise control, rear electric windows, false floor with collapsible spare wheel, foglights and mudflaps all round. I got the car home the other day and despite being neglected cosmetically by it's previous owner there is a really nice car hiding in there somewhere so the journey to bring it back to it's former glory begins.

My plan with this one is to leave it as Audi intended with a remap as the only modification so I'll have Flipper as my modded car and this one as my standard one

103607072_10208048630048869_6612492541397126732_n.jpg

103950095_10208048630368877_1044854900242972292_n.jpg

104283401_10208085882900167_1351002555034000491_n.jpg

Last edited:
Today I fitted Methuselah with a new CCCU and got the central locking working off the fob. I also broke out the bucket and spade and gave the interior a quick clean to get the worst of the dirt lifted but still needs a good detail to make it shine brightly again but even with just a quick hoover and a wash down it came up quite well.

104221986_900458830452526_5739129940852843915_n.jpg

83125806_292213865292809_1546306707035061611_n.jpg

104213835_644005262822353_801242978335223123_n.jpg

Project Methuselah.

A 2002 Pine green Tdi Sport 75 AMF, 5 seater black leather interior, Bose with cd autochanger, cruise control, rear electric windows, false floor with collapsible spare wheel, foglights and mudflaps all round. I got the car home the other day and despite being neglected cosmetically by it's previous owner there is a really nice car hiding in there somewhere so the journey to bring it back to it's former glory begins.

My plan with this one is to leave it as Audi intended with a remap as the only modification so I'll have Flipper as my modded car and this one as my standard one

View attachment 66023

View attachment 66024
I would love this car with a twist leather interior!, looks great still though! can't wait to see this polished up and gleaming in the sun, lovely old pine tree you have got there fella!

Today I fitted Methuselah with a new CCCU and got the central locking working off the fob. I also broke out the bucket and spade and gave the interior a quick clean to get the worst of the dirt lifted but still needs a good detail to make it shine brightly again but even with just a quick hoover and a wash down it came up quite well.

View attachment 66025

View attachment 66026

View attachment 66027
Looks a cracker. Enjoy ? ?

Yes I was all set to buy David's car when he was ready to sell but Methuselah came up with the same spec except for the double din dash but black leather instead of the twist all fitted as standard and only 20mins from my door. It was the very same car I'd seen 18 months beforehand while visiting a Christmas market that made me fall in love with the colour. I went back 6-8 months later but the car was nowhere to be seen so I more or less gave up hope but was I passing through the village the other week and thought I'm going for another quick look just in case and low and behold there it was. I knocked on the guys door asking if it was for sale? His reply was "Oh the wife doesn't really like it and we're not really using it that much nowadays" he then started rattling off the spec, I couldn't believe my luck and the deal was quickly done ?

I think it was more just persistence and good timing, he was more or less ready to sell and could see I was an enthusiast that was going to save the car and not break it or sell it on again for profit

Today I went to TPS Edinburgh to collect a new fuel cap release button and thankfully that's all that was wrong so that's now the fuel cap working correctly so that's all the easy bits done. I got a phone call saying my drivers rear door would be ready to collect tomorrow. I also arranged to have the sport 9 spokes diamond cut so things are coming together nicely

I went down this morning collect the replacement O/S/R door from the bodyshop after they'd painted the inside ready to be fitted. All was going well just had the rubber seal and door card to fit and that would've been the job complete but thought I'd better check everything was working first. I locked then unlocked the doors with the fob and everything seemed to be fine so grabbed the door handle to open the door but low and behold it wouldn't open despite it previously working fine. After checking the child lock wasn't on and all the obvious things I was beginning to lose the plot with it I had to phone a friend aka Timmus who diagnosed the fault and how to fix it almost straight away, (That man really is a A2 wizard) Good job as well as the new door was extremely close to having a bigger dent in it than the old one did ? So once I got it working and all built back up that's it all ready to return to the bodyshop to get all the age related scars sorted out ?

105007963_10208096450644354_4783425724532409192_o.jpg

I went down this morning collect the replacement O/S/R door from the bodyshop after they'd painted the inside ready to be fitted. All was going well just had the rubber seal and door card to fit and that would've been the job complete but thought I'd better check everything was working first. I locked then unlocked the doors with the fob and everything seemed to be fine so grabbed the door handle to open the door but low and behold it wouldn't open despite it previously working fine. After checking the child lock wasn't on and all the obvious things I was beginning to lose the plot with it I had to phone a friend aka Timmus who diagnosed the fault and how to fix it almost straight away, (That man really is a A2 wizard) Good job as well as the new door was extremely close to having a bigger dent in it than the old one did ? So once I got it working and all built back up that's it all ready to return to the bodyshop to get all the age related scars sorted out ?

View attachment 66141

It may just be my eyes but I think the colour match is a little off on the door ?

I would be interesting in your opinions once the door is painted Iain. As you know pine green can look a brownish colour in certain lights and I,m not sure how difficult this effect would be to recreate in a respray.

Yes no problem David I'll let you know once it's all done but the inside of the door looked pretty good when the sun was hitting it today and turning it that brownish colour you're speaking about. The guy's going to paint pretty much the whole side of the car and not just the door so there isn't an obvious difference in the colour so fingers crossed it looks okay.

Last edited:
Back