Project Pure

sciroccorrado

A2OC Donor
IMG_20181228_124547.jpg

Original Pic 4 Interior.png

I've decided to go for one that is a pure and simple "classic" look, using OEM parts upgrades...

Attachments

• Original Pic 1.png
    Original Pic 1.png
    693.7 KB · Views: 386
  • Original Pic 2.png
    Original Pic 2.png
    764.4 KB · Views: 621
Last edited:
Original collection photo
Original Pic 2.png
Original Pic 1.png

Spec (Original)

• 1.4tdi 75hp Sport
  • Cobalt Blue exterior
  • Soul Black interior
  • Grey Leather Sports Seats (4-seater)
  • OSS (Working very well)
  • Winter Pack (Heated Mirrors and washer jets)
  • Full DIS
  • False floor panel
  • Vredstein spare wheel with boot bracket
  • Symphony II 6-CD player
  • BOSE
  • 17" Sports Alloys 16" Skoda Roomster Alloys
Things I've already added
  • 16" Skoda Roomster Alloys
  • AnyCar USB/SD MP3 Adaptor with BlueTooth
Things I need to add
  • Cruise Control
  • Alternative Alloys
  • SD-Card/MP3 Ability
  • Blue Tooth
  • Seat change (ideas coming)
  • Rear PDC
  • Fog lights
  • Replace DIS as it's overheating

Last edited:
Looks good already, usual switch gear, headlights and lack of fog lights. Nice to see the controls in the lower storage tray. So only a couple of days work for you Jeremy.

lol - The SatNav doesn't work as there's no CD in the tray, might see if I can get one for giggles. :)

Fog lights, I'm not too fussed about, will probably fit when I get a set in. Switchgear, yeah, need to hook it up with a good set.

Main thing I need is @timmus to fit me Cruise Control :)

Lets hope a disc sorts sat nav. I know @timmus is the WORLD expert for all thing electrical especially retrofits but if you fancy doing it yourself this is the kit I used, although I bought directly from the company. Includes everything you need, new switch and a wiring loom that fits to clutch switch, the new stalk and 4 leads with pins already fitted that fit into computer. All that then needs to be done is activate it with vcds.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Retrofit...VAG-Indicator-Switch-Audi-A2-8Z-/362091344195

Last edited:
Although LHD this video is pretty close to how I did it but fed loom down the side of the center vents, radio, climate and cubby then under to passenger footwell securing it with cable ties and extra tape on bends or sharp edges. Routed it twice as first time was a couple of inches short of reaching ecu plug. Sorry @timmus I know not to your standard.
The pin locations in the ecu were filled in my case with empty pins, just removed the 4 and fitted the wires in their place.

So, after giving her a big clean today I've found a few minor niggles in the paintwork that need sorting out. The main ones are hefty ding in the rear drivers' door, which might require a replacement, the second is some pretty heavy paint correction needed on the rear nearside wing. Luckily it's on the plastic, but can this be swapped, or are the rear wings bonded?

I've also ordered a ANYCAR SD Card Reader with Blue Tooth as a temp measure. If it doesn't work out I've got an RNS-E unit that can go in, if I can convert the Quadlock to work with BOSE.

Also replaced the non-working (and it appears very broken) cup holder unit. Glad I did, it looks as though somebody had spilt a bottle of coke down there, everything was clogged up and none of the flaps would have worked. The one that looked as though it might have done, snapped when I tried to move it.

Fortunately had a nice spare unit, so dropped everything out and replaced in 10 minutes.

Finally was fit enough to venture outside in the (relative) warmth and fit the AnyCar MP3s player from Amazon. After a couple of false starts I can now report that it works very well.

As it was dark by the time I finished installing it I didn't get the chance to actually position it properly, so it currently sits beneath the steering wheel with an SD card with 590 MP3 tracks on it (roughly 6GB worth). The most it can handle is 6x99 tracks due to the folder structure that is mandated by the player. Obviously no photos of the install yet until I can actually do it in the light to properly tie the thing down so I can access the SD slot.

The one thing from above that I have noticed is that the reader (same as XCarLink) does not like a number of different USB pens. Although it is quoted as being able to use them, the only one I could actually get working was only 1GB in size, so neither use nor ornament really. Others would start reading the card (or appear to), but would not actually start playing. Whereas SD cards worked first time, everytime.

Since this car already has a thread, thought I'd post up a few pics of what I've done with it.

First, refurbished TT wheels and clear headlights.

But most of what I've been up to is on the inside. Long planned but finally had the chance to do this week :)

A cream rear load cover over the original black boot and false floor completes the look. Hopefully I've managed 'Soulful Twist' rather than 'Twisted Soul' :D

While I had all the side trims out beneath the window line, I also replaced the rear carpet and driver's seat belt. The navigation buttons are removed and their compartment in the handbrake tray has been boxed in using a felted section cut from a scrap glovebox.

The climate unit, Symphony buttons and window switches are still in need of attention but there are further plans afoot in all those areas ;)

I know there are a few other cars out there with Twist seats in a Soul interior. I have all the bits ready to make up a set of doorcards in the reverse image of the ones in this car i.e Twist armrests & pockets over Soul backing, that would also complement Twist seats. PM me if interested.

Last edited:
An experiment ... which might be step 1 in a game of "musical interiors" :)
Since this car is a Sport, and I have these seats unused that came out of the Storm ... I did this yesterday.

Photo1710.jpg
Photo1716.jpg
Photo1711.jpg
Photo1714.jpg

Photo1712.jpg

Comfortable? Check ✔ Bl**dy hot when you get in it in the sun? Check ✔
Too much black in the mix? Jury's out. Opinions anyone?

I also intend to try the previous Twist leather seats in my Crystal Blue, since it's an SE, and replace its Satellite blue set. I have all the bits to make a set of matching Twist armrest doorcards to replace the blue armrest ones in there at the moment.

Other options I've got the bits for are to revert this Cobalt car to completely black inside, and rebuild the combination interior in the Crystal car, although I'd probably keep the Twist armrests this time and just have the door pockets in black.

Back