News Project S - Silver '02 plate 75 TDi

sciroccorrado

A2OC Donor
Bit of background - I succumbed early* - in a last minute rescue I save this lovely little silver A2 from the scrapper. The chap was selling it as he had just bought himself a nice little FSI.

Spec is nice, although not an SE it has quite a few of the SE bits on it, such as false floor, lit vanity mirrors, 4 speakers, Concert II stereo.

134k miles currently, did a quick VCDS check and everything seems to be in order at the moment. The brake emergency light came on a couple of times yesterday, but the chap explained he'd been through a bit of a flood the day before, and it started coming on then, but goes off after a few minutes driving. I suspect a wet contact on the sensor, so hopefully this will clear with use.

The wheels need a refurb to make them look nice, but appear to hold air fine, so might look at whether to get them done, or replace with a spare set I've got in the yard at the moment.

One bad point at the moment is there is a 10" crack at the bottom of the windscreen. Although I doubt it would be an MOT fail, it really doesn't look good so will probably get this replaced pronto. Anybody know of any national companies apart from AutoGlass or RAC who will quote for a screen replacement?

I'm not quite certain what's going to happen to this one yet. No real plans, it was an impulse rescue.

*A2BA~ Membership - My name's Jeremy, I have only bought 8 A2s this year so far ...

~A2BA = A2 Buyers Anonymous...

Last edited:
A few pics after a bit of spit and polish ...
IMG_20171231_144153.jpg

IMG_20171231_143906.jpgIMG_20171231_144205.jpgIMG_20171231_144304.jpg
IMG_20171231_144121.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice. I must admit though that I prefer the Blue A2 to the silver. Ours is the Castle Red (whihc looks more of a bronze/brown).

Thanks for the kind comments. The blue one is Project X, the wife's, which is quite special in itself (see separate project page). Castle Red is a special colour too Neil :)

At the moment the interior is plain cloth, but there might be plans for that if the opportunity comes along.

No, their 4-hole. The wifey would LOVE to have her spare wheels on which she used to have on her Arosa
Teddies.jpg

... I actually think they'd work really well ... Maybe 5-4 stud convertors?

Can't make my mind up whether I like the pepperpots. I think I prefer the engine flap with the slats compared to the smooth one (which I see on most cars).

The pepperpots are a much lighter wheel than the standard ones, plus being 15" there is a lot of tyre wall height, so they tend to give a more comfy ride. Not particularly sporty, hence why Baby Boomer has 16" either A1 or Nothelle wheels (Winter/Summer).
IMG_20180106_160646.jpg

The pepperpots are like marmite Neil. They certainly don't fill the wheel arches, with standard size tyres, and are not the best looking wheel but they are very light and in my opinion suit the A2 well. I have found that they also better protect the brake discs and calipers from the elements which is an added bonus.

Last edited:
Back