Project Scotty

mrbroons

Here is my project thread on Scotty.

Painted in lovely Ebony Black pearl it is a credit to it's 2 previous owners (previous to me being of 13 years). Being a sport it has sport seats with electric lumbar support, DIS, sport steering wheel and gear knob. Due to a small scuff on the front bumper (which I have to view if required) I have had painted and installed a genuine A2 bumper with headlight wash integrated (not functioning as they typically empty the tank in seconds - but I like the look with these - subtle but nice)

I have had fitted by Timmus (Tom)
- Cruise Control
- Heated seat retrofit
- TDi 90 software EGR delete and remap

Work in my charge has been:
- Add perforated red stitched Audi A2 sport steering wheel - OEM and very very nice - as new condition
- Red leather, heated sports seats with electric lumbar - heated seat climate control panel installed and wiring by Tom - as above
- Front and Rear brake discs, pads and fluid
- Timing belt / fan belt
- Water pump
- Thermostat
- Anti roll bar bushes
- Drop links
- Gearbox oil change (preventative)
- New Audi TDi under tray
- New front bulbs including LED side lights
- Lower ball joint
- Front brake flexi hoses
- Pepperpot wheels with new Toyo Proxy T1R tyres. The pepperpots include wheel centres but I have them off to clean them.
- Audi towbar (newly repainted in crackle black) with brand new tow hitch from Germany and electrics by my local tow bar company.

20190707_182651-s.jpg

5128c17213fc7d0f68a4e56adf3e4b92.jpg

00d2f4cec627c00e87901ff247012deb.jpg

bf258a6e6a0e9a7e223f4415b3577ec0.jpg

e37e14df7dc3b1579b056f813a3bfb3e.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my latest YouTube update on the car, a first wash after a long lay up, part 1 of 5 to bring the car back up to spec, ready for the Summer and hopefully the end of lockdown for us all.

Last edited:
Just been out and filmed step 2, complete claying of the car from top to bottom, 2 hours graft. Still a mystery to me, but both of my GoPro's did not record it! Ho Hum. I guess I'll be giving it a second go! :eek:

I did get some snaps however!

IMG_4989.JPG

Lovely example James. The interior looks excellent in equal measure to the exterior with the new wheels. I enjoy the channel too, shame about the recording for chapter 2. All the best, keep safe and well.

I especially like the freshly mown look to the cabin carpets. The red leather is the icing on the cake. SUPERB.

Last edited:
Lovely example James. The interior looks excellent in equal measure to the exterior with the new wheels. I enjoy the channel too, shame about the recording for chapter 2. All the best, keep safe and well.

Cheers Darren, lets just call it a practice run! ?

Interesting. I am all new to claying. Would have been a good lesson to hear and see more on that, to learn.

Don't worry I'll be doing it again. I have another video on claying and polishing to get your started, but not really a tutorial:

Great job, it must be very satisfying to do but I can’t ever having the patience (or indeed the time!) ever to do that. I thought you were trying to get a scratch out of the panel but it must have been a trick of the light!

Back