Rattle passenger footwell?

Nigel245

A2OC Donor
Hi, I have a light rattle/ vibration which appears to be in the passenger footwell or behind the glove box area?
It’s most obvious on tick over but then a slight touch on the throttle pedal and it disappears however it sometimes comes back a bit more as you pull away. Can’t really hear it at normal driving speeds. Always quiet until recently. I have completely emptied the glove box to try it, still the same.

I know this is a bit vague but not sure where to start?

thanks

Nigel

I can't be sure of where it is exactly, but it's been mentioned before it could be the bonnet.

Hope this helps.
I had the same problem, something rattling very noticeably at medium speeds, it seemed to come from inside the glovebox or under the dashboard. I tried pressing down the corner of the bonnet and there was some free movement. The gap plus vibration of the tdi engine was causing the bonnet to rattle. Fitted a bit of folded fabric just to confirm and voilá no noise.

@depronman suggested it’s the plastic sleeve where the metal hook of the bonnet goes in that that gets worn. An old bank card cut to fit the bottom of the sleeve and glued in is the answer.

I tried the get a new one from TPS as they’re really cheap but they out of stock. Online market place is crazy expensive, so glued bank card it is.

your description of rattling noise is same to mine. And i find the source. It was the wiper arm (where the pivot point is) tapping against the windscreen. Hope it will solve your problem. BRGDS, Andrej

Back