Re-launch - Brecon Beacons Social - 21st May 2022

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales
I've had an idea for a social for the last few years and I think now is the time to make it happen.

I've done the drive-outs for a number of years now and everyone seems to enjoy them, but i'd like to try something different; a sight-seeing landmark tour.

I would look for everyone to meet up at the starting point (Garwnant visitor centre) have a chat/coffee/some breakfast and I’ll then divide participants into small groups. The teams will have a number of landmarks around the Brecon Beacons national park that they have to take a photo next to.

There would be no set route, you will be given the full postcode of each landmark and the team can chose in which order they visit the sights.

There will be a 90 minute window to get as many of the sights ticked off as possible before returning to the end meet-up point at Cyfartha Castle. The team that had visited the most points and can show me the photos will be declared the winners and given a prize.

With this format it will not be a race to the finish, simply a collecting of landmarks that would depend more on planning and navigation skills than speed and so it is not a competitive race!!

I'm looking to arrange this for Saturday 21st May and it’s good weather dependant.

For those who haven’t been to the Brecon Beacons before, here’s some photos to tempt you.

Please reply here if you fancy it.

Attendees -

Cenick
Proghound
Donp38
Crispyedd
Hef - 2 x cars
Jesslamin
Steve C

77E83CE7-FBC8-4CB9-9064-E1805DDBC46D.jpeg
A2AAB1B4-5F80-4C4E-BBBE-A2DD539489E8.jpeg

E158C8F0-1EA1-45EC-BFF9-2D4FC3309EE1.jpeg

Last edited:
Sadly I don't think we'l be able to make this one Steve, but it sounds like a very fun little itinerary and I wish you every success with it. I'll add this to the calendar and social countdown if it gets the full green light. All the best mate.

Hello Steve,

Its a provisional yes from me Sir. We would hopefully be attending in both 250 and OEM but let me if the car count rises as we can always all jump into just 1x A2 like before.

Be nice to meet other members who Ive spoken to online but not had the honour of putting face to a username.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hello Steve,

Its a provisional yes from me Sir. We would hopefully be attending in both 250 and OEM but let me if the car count rises as we can always all jump into just 1x A2 like before.

Be nice to meet other members who Ive spoken to online but not had the honour of putting face to a username.

Kind regards,

Tom
That's great thanks Tom, numbers are unrestricted, the more the merrier.

That's great thanks Tom, numbers are unrestricted, the more the merrier.
Brilliant Steve,

Both Project 250 and Project OEM will be joining the tour. Maybe this might present an opportunity to hand deliver some branded car mats if they're ready in time.

Kind regards,

Tom

I've had an idea for a social for the last few years and I think now is the time to make it happen.

I've done the drive-outs for a number of years now and everyone seems to enjoy them, but i'd like to try something different; a sight-seeing landmark tour.

A friend of mine has just opened a café on an industrial estate on the outskirts of the Brecon Beacons with very keenly priced food and has agreed to host us on a Saturday morning.

I would look for everyone to meet up at the starting point in Hirwain, have a chat/coffee/some breakfast and I will then divide participants into groups of 2-3 cars. The teams will have a number of landmarks around the Brecon Beacons national park that they have to take a photo next to.

There would be no set route, you will be given the full postcode of each landmark and the team can chose in which order they visit the sights.

There will be a 2 hour window to get as many of the sights ticked off as possible before returning to the end meet-up point at Cyfartha Castle. The team that had visited the most points and can show me the photos will be declared the winners and given a prize.

With this format it will not be a race to the finish, simply a collecting of landmarks that would depend more on planning and navigation skills than speed and so it is not a competitive race!!

I'm looking to arrange this for Saturday 21st May and it’s good weather dependant.

For those who haven’t been to the Brecon Beacons before, here’s some photos to tempt you.

Please reply here if you fancy it.

Attendees -

2work - 2 x cars

View attachment 93634View attachment 93635
@Cenick @Hef @Jellybean @CrispyEdd @audifan @RZX @donp38
View attachment 93636
I assume these images have been photoshopped, to remove grey clouds and rain?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Put me down for this please Steve, it'll be lovely to see the Brecon Beacons again. Lynette may join me but it'll be one car either way.

Looking at the hotel prices for the Friday night I may have to make an early start from here on the day though :oops:

Put me down for this please Steve, it'll be lovely to see the Brecon Beacons again. Lynette may join me but it'll be one car either way.

Looking at the hotel prices for the Friday night I may have to make an early start from here on the day though :oops:
I’ll start it at about 11 for you mate. Give you chance to drive down if you need to. Will be good to see you both.

If the numbers are lower then we’ll just have a good drive around some good mountain roads instead of doing the landmark search 👍

Back