Rear bumper clip ?

My rear bumper protrudes ever so slightly from the nearside wing. It looks like a clip has broken ? - tried pushing it back in but no joy. Has anyone tried replacing this "clip" - is it worth doing. Ive read the thread for taking off the rear bumper and it looks difficult for a novice - should a just live with it, ta, Dave

This can happen if there's been a slight rear end bump. Not enough to cause damage but it pops the clips. It happened when bollard jumped out in front of the Mrs one day!

Try a bit more force on the corner of the bumper. I got mine clipped back in but had to give it a fair bit of pressure.

My rear bumper protrudes ever so slightly from the nearside wing. It looks like a clip has broken ? - tried pushing it back in but no joy. Has anyone tried replacing this "clip" - is it worth doing. Ive read the thread for taking off the rear bumper and it looks difficult for a novice - should a just live with it, ta, Dave

Most of the A2s I have owned have had this problem on one side or the other, it is often caused by reversing into something (often quite gently).

I have always lived with it and sometimes when they are tapped back in with the palm of your hand they will stay ok for a day or two.

Steve B

This can happen if there's been a slight rear end bump. Not enough to cause damage but it pops the clips. It happened when bollard jumped out in front of the Mrs one day!

Try a bit more force on the corner of the bumper. I got mine clipped back in but had to give it a fair bit of pressure.
We overlapped again Murdo, but this time you beat me to it.

Steve B

Back