Rear quarter light rubbers

coultersd

IMG_20200531_121724.jpg
IMG_20200531_121755.jpg

After 3 years of ownership and treating as an everyday car, I've decided to spend some time getting my A2 back to something approaching it's best.

The surface of the rubber seals around the rear quarter lights have deteriorated as shown in the photos. Does anyone have any recommendations to try and revive them before I look into replacement? I've done nothing more than a light scrub with a toothbrush and car shampoo so far, I thought I would ask for tips before having a stab at it and causing any damage.

The rubber doesn't appear particularly hard or brittle, just a legacy of time parked under trees in the past I think.

Thanks,

Steve

Get some Gummy Pfledge. It restores seals and also good for OSS seals

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick responses, Sonax Gummi Pfleger ordered and currently hunting through the myriad of bottles in the garage to find some rubbing alcohol

I'm slowly working my way round the cosmetics of ours, and those seals look very much like mine. I found strong APC and a microfibre cloth did most of the work, then a scotchbrite/kitchen non-scratch scourer pad to do the rest (mind the paint, obviously!)

My experience of using if using Gummi Pflege for dressing window seals is that it washes off over time onto the paint, leaving stubborn oily streaks. So not ideal.

It's great for rejuvinating door/boot/roof seals though.

Back