Recommendations for cruise control stalk

Cloth Ears

A2OC Donor
Chatting to Paul (depronman) on Friday, I'm now pretty much set on upgrading to cruise control. Paul recommended not getting one of the cheaper stalks available on eBay (I agree), and spending around £30 to get a decent quality unit.

Having now had a quick trawl of eBay, I've found this unit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-INDICATOR-STALK-STEERING-COLUMN-SWITCH-AUDI-A3-8L-96-03-A2-8Z/382215821164?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

which is about £24, so cheaper than suggested, but there don't seem to be any at around £30 (but plenty under £20).

Do members have any experience of this one, or are there others to recommend?

Last edited:
This one?
It looks identical to the one fitted to my car - I'm going off the paper label on the wiring loom.
I know Mike had to change the pins and lengthen the wires to make it fully compatible, but the stalk itself feels better than the original.

Chatting to Paul (depronman) on Friday, I'm now pretty much set on upgrading to cruise control. Paul recommended not getting one of the cheaper stalks available on eBay (I agree), and spending around £30 to get a decent quality unit.

Having now had a quick trawl of eBay, I've found this unit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-INDICATOR-STALK-STEERING-COLUMN-SWITCH-AUDI-A3-8L-96-03-A2-8Z/382215821164?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

which is about £24, so cheaper than suggested, but there don't seem to be any at around £30 (but plenty under £20).

Do members have any experience of this one, or are there others to recommend?

Of the two designs available (different ways of setting the cruise speed etc.) the one in the link is (in my view) the one to go for.
Both work fine, but I like the way that this one is operated, much more intuitive in my view.

Steve B

This one?
It looks identical to the one fitted to my car - I'm going off the paper label on the wiring loom.
I know Mike had to change the pins and lengthen the wires to make it fully compatible, but the stalk itself feels better than the original.
I've just had one of these delivered, and am going to extend the wire loom to 1.8 metres to reach ECU.

thats a project to do with someone helping me though! HINT HINT!

You know where I am, happy to install the stalk for you and program the ECU for CC. The battery has to come off and the steering wheel and airbag so allow 2.5 hours to fit it all, the wiring of the CC will have to be directly to the ECU pins as I noticed when I removed the ECU that there is no 'white plug' on your A2, this makes the install of CC a little more fiddly

Cheers,

Back