Replacing Seats - Where to buy?

A2Pebble

Hi

I have recently bought a 2004 A2 1.6 FSI Sport which has beige seats - they are fine, but I would prefer either the (later?) cloth seats with diagonal lines across them, or possibly leather.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a set please?

The car is a 4-seater

Thank you

Phil

Hi

I have recently bought a 2004 A2 1.6 FSI Sport which has beige seats - they are fine, but I would prefer either the (later?) cloth seats with diagonal lines across them, or possibly leather.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a set please?

The car is a 4-seater

Thank you

Phil
Pay the £2 upgrade fee for the marketplace on here. There is a nice set of Twist (light brown/beige) heated SE for sale for £300 on there.

Welcome to the forum :)

For Market access click on your username in the black top menu bar and select Account Upgrades. As mentioned there's a £2 one-time fee via PayPal.

Before you set about upgrading your seats though, I'd advise a little caution to correctly identify what seats in what colour you currently have. The beige colour scheme is called Twist, but all the Twist Sport interiors I have ever seen (even in photos) already have leather seats. Twist itself is rare, in a Sport interior even more so. I don't think there were ever Twist Sport seats in cloth.

Twist also uniquely includes (in most cases) the dashboard, steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake grip in a colour which is noticeably different to the black of the stereo unit and climate panel. If they are the same (black), then I suspect you have a Platinum interior which, although sometimes described as beige, is actually a light grey.

Can you post a picture? Better still, can you find the build sticker either in your service book or somewhere in the boot underfloor battery compartment, which will have a code like N0G/YA after the paint code(s), that will decode your interior colour, seat model and fabric.

Last edited:
OK, we're definitely looking at Platinum on the OP's car. YL has the German description 'hellgrau' - light grey.

If it has its original seats, then I suspect they are in Matrix cloth - a pattern of small squares, close together. If they have the big bolsters and electric lumbar, they are definitely Sport seats, but Matrix was also the fabric upgrade option for the SE (standard) seats in the later production years, and you could also option the lumbar on SE seats. Although there is a 3-character code for 'Sport front seats' which should be in one of the columns on the service sticker if the car is a Sport, the best way to confirm what's curently there would be a photo.

The fabric with the diagonal stripes that the OP is interested in is Satin Jacquard, which is what was used for cloth Sport seats in the earlier years before it was replaced by Matrix. Satin Jacquard did come in Platinum but will be a lot easier to find in Soul (black).

I have satin jacquard in my new car, so the code I provided above is the correct one as my car is factory standard. They also do satin jacquard in blue which look quite nice also ?

This has just turned up in another thread - see @Alan_uk's description of his interior.
So it looks like the OP's interior is also Soul black with the Platinum seats option.

Thank you - It is!

My mixing Beige and Platinum Grey is more to do with my eyesight..!

If anyone has, or can point me to, Black Cloth Sport Seats (or possibly leather, though decent cloth would be my preference), that'd be great.

Thank you all!

I am just about to list these for sale at £350
Standard SE Black leather.Fronts from my 03 FSI and rears from A2Steve 03 FsiBlack beauty. Gloucestershire
20201117_173409.jpg
Screenshot_20201117-175146_Chrome.jpg
20201117_173543.jpg

20201117_173409.jpgScreenshot_20201117-175146_Chrome.jpg

Back