Resetting flap on FSI using VCDS

steve_c

Grumpy OAP & A2OC Donor
A member came over this afternoon hoping to get his manifold flap reset using VCDS.

I followed the instructions give here:

I selected Group 142 in the basic settings and then 'Go'. Four entries appeared, the last of which said 'ADP. Run'. I wasn't seeing On, Off or Next as options, and nothing further seemed to be happening. After about 10 minutes, I gave up, rescanned the car and we called it a day.

What was I doing wrong? Can anyone help, please. I've two scan results here, if they assist.

I’m sure experts will be along soon but I have a video on what I think you were trying to do here:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure experts will be along soon but I have a video on what I think you were trying to do here:

Thanks, I should have remembered that.

So you run the engine while doing this, where the instructions I had said that the engine should be off. That's some difference.

Have now realised that I was a bit slow on the uptake, and that 'ADP. Run' meant start the engine.

we missed a trick then, iv got some bits on order what I motioned so the car will be of the road for a week or so while I work the jobs in around work, also for 10000% piece of mind im going to restrip it all out and clean again and put a brand new rod in making 100% its all correct

Back