Retro Platinum Heated leather seats by Timmus

Dave M

Admin Team
United-Kingdom
I would like to say a big thankyou to Tom "Timmus" and his family for a brilliant day out in Lancaster last Sunday. Tom retrofitted a full set of platinum heated leather seats into my car and i,m very happy with the result. I can,t praise him highly enough and the trip was well worth it. A2 002.JPGA2 001.JPGA2 003.JPGA2 004.JPGA2 005.JPGA2 006.JPGA2 007.JPGA2 008.JPG

Toms technical and electrical knowledge is amazing - take my word for it this was no easy job and took in the region of 4hrs to complete. This included a brand new heater panel from Audi and Tom creating a better than OEM wiring loom to connect up the heater elements. I would not attempt to remove most trim panels for fear of breaking tabs and being unable to replace them. Tom knows how to do this with ease and makes refitting the "jigsaw puzzle" look easy. This does however come from years of experience !. I will no doubt be saving up into the summer months for more additions and will be definately be making a return trip to Lancaster.

They look fantastic, a great colour combination!

And Tom does a great job doesn't he.

I wonder if he will ever buy a camper van / mobile workshop? ;):D
Steve B

Thanks Steve - the seats do look like they were made for my car. He did mention that he would prefer a garage or some type of cover. This would stop him getting very wet and pebble rash on his knees !

Ta very muchly Steve. The journey home was luvly - by backside was well warm after the motorway trip having "cooked" it slowly on gas mark 3 for an hour and a half !:)

Of all of the cars I have had, the Audi seat heaters are the best.

The heat is evenly spread and the thermostat makes sure that you are in full control.

You can set it on 6 for a few minutes to warm you up but then reduce it to 2 or so and it keeps it warm without being uncomfortable.

I even leave it on constantly at 1 on cold but not freezing days and you don't even notice it apart the fact that you are comfortable!!

One slight tip though, I switch them to zero before starting the car on icy mornings just to give the starter as much power as possible (even if the car disconnects them automatically when you turn the key)
and if you are ever playing with VCDS (and therefore have the ignition on for a long time) be careful or you will flatten the battery (as I did recently) mainly because both seat heaters were on.

Steve B

Last edited:
Seats look great and fresh. I have the same colour with heated seats too and I agree its great in the winter months (My backside would be lost without it) lol
As always Tom sure does do a excellent job, this can been seen on other threads.

Enjoy. :)

I would like to say a big thankyou to Tom "Timmus" and his family for a brilliant day out in Lancaster last Sunday. Tom retrofitted a full set of platinum heated leather seats into my car and i'm very happy with the result. I can't praise him highly enough and the trip was well worth it.

I'm pleased you're pleased. I must admit, these seats were made for the car. The Platinum leather against the cherry-colour paintwork is just so classy. They couldn't have found a better home, speaking about both the car and its owner. :)

One slight tip though ... if you are ever playing with VCDS (and therefore have the ignition on for a long time) be careful or you will flatten the battery (as I did recently) mainly because both seat heaters were on.

Steve B

Steve makes a good point. Before I studied the wiring diagrams many moons ago, I had assumed that heated seats would only work if the engine was running because they're so hungry for electrical current. However, in order for the seat heating to work, only the ignition needs to be on. As such, there are plenty of circumstances in which it would be possible to inadvertently drain the battery.

Cheers,

Tom

The other slightly bit of good news is that I dont have to "soul black" colour the much talked about rear cup holder - matches in sort of perfectly now.

Back