Retrofit radio

jimonskye

Hi, I have a 2001 1.4 petrol with a radio/cassette unit, from reading various posts I get the impression that...
A this unit cannot connect to a plug in Bluetooth/handsfree unit.
B that a non Audi replacement will need some sort of signal amplifier for the radio.
I would like as a minimum to have a handsfree phone, music streaming and rear view camera would be desirable. There appear to be a number of HU on ebay but I'm unsure if they would be suitable. Any advice would be appreciated.

file

I think, that as the HU has a CD option, it will have a CD input, into which you can plug a Bluetooth adapter.
Mac.

From reading various posts I get the impression that...
You'll be delighted to know that you're wrong. :)

You have a Chorus II (sometimes referred to as Chorus 2), which is able to accept Bluetooth dongles that'll do both hands-free calls and wireless music streaming. The XCarLink SKU718 is my personal favourite.

B that a non Audi replacement will need some sort of signal amplifier for the radio.
For all that your A2 was manufactured in 2001, it's actually a 2002 model, meaning that it benefits from all the upgrades that Audi made between the 2001 and 2002 models. The downside is that fitting a non-Audi stereo into a 2002-or-later A2 isn't easy due to major wiring incompatibilities. As such, you'd definitely be best sticking with the Chorus II and adding the necessary Bluetooth add-on. It won't integrate with a reversing camera, though.

For completeness of information, you can change your Chorus II for a Concert II. They're identical, except the Concert II has a CD slot rather than a tape deck.

Cheers,

Tom

Haha! Timmus is at the batphone. :p

Awaiting communications and ready to advise.
Hi, I have a 2001 1.4 petrol with a radio/cassette unit, from reading various posts I get the impression that...
I would like as a minimum to have a handsfree phone, music streaming and rear view camera would be desirable. There appear to be a number of HU on ebay but I'm unsure if they would be suitable. Any advice would be appreciated.

Back