Retrofitted headlining

Darren C

Admin Team
Good evening everyone,

I hope this finds you safe and well. A happy fathers day to all the dads out there and to all those single parent mums who fulfil a dual role.

I do need to think about starting a project thread for my A2, but for now, yet another separate threat. On Saturday, I added the latest modification to my A2. As some of you will know, my headlining gave in to age and minor moisture ingress in the usual place. I'd been searching around for options, wanting something that would compliment the original, and never expecting to get close to OEM fabric. The fact it was sagging was beginning to grate on me.

When I accompanied Dave (@Special edition) to @Kleynie's in April, I was impressed by the finish of the retrofit in Ian's daughters car. I enquired about the company with the firm idea in mind that I might use the same. In typical kindness that Ian and his amazing family are constantly administering, Ian went one better. I selected the fabric, Ian placed the order with the trimmer, and Ian and his son Adam did the fit for me yesterday, exchanging my original for the one they had sent off. Not only the headlining, but the A and C pillars too.

Kudos to clan Kleyn for an impeccable service. Great communication, great care and attention to detail during installation, wonderful hospitality, really very genuine people that typify the ethos of the club. The finish is excellent. I elected for an alcantara material which is stunning in the flesh. Whilst it differs to the original in shade, it is a plush compliment to the platinum and certainly doesn't look out of place.

If anyone is looking to go this route, I can only recommend this latest service that Ian and Adam are providing. Please contact them direct if interested.

A big thank you to Ian and Adam for everything, to Katrina for amazing hospitality and great conversation, sorry I missed you Georgia.

Cheers,

Darren

IMG_6240.jpeg

IMG_6243.jpeg

IMG_6244.jpeg

IMG_6246.jpeg

IMG_6247.jpeg

IMG_6248.jpeg

IMG_6249.jpeg

IMG_6002.jpg

Evening Darren,

Looking very nice there. What a glorious cabin tou now have, not that it was too shabby in the first place mind.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks @DuncanA2, it is a great alternative to the factory finish. As I say, it was a trimmer that did the job, Ian and Adam fitting it for me. Sadly, I therefore cannot give any how-to tips, this is one for the professionals I feel, easy to get it wrong and very hard to get it right.

Love it! 😍. Are you going to put out a how to, to help us further 🤓.

Darren, thanks for the kind words. It was great to see you again, and finally see your car. We have probably seen something like 50 A2’s on my driveway in the last four years and I can honestly say yours is the best one we’ve seen. It’s as good as a new car in my eyes.
It’s a shame Georgia didn’t have the pleasure of seeing it, but I’m sure she’ll see it at a gathering soon.

I’m glad you are pleased with the result.

Ian

Thanks mate, it'll be great to have you all in attendance at a social in due course. I very much look forward to it.

Take care and enjoy your well deserved holiday. See you again soon.

Cheers,

Darren

Darren, thanks for the kind words. It was great to see you again, and finally see your car. We have probably seen something like 50 A2’s on my driveway in the last four years and I can honestly say yours is the best one we’ve seen. It’s as good as a new car in my eyes.
It’s a shame Georgia didn’t have the pleasure of seeing it, but I’m sure she’ll see it at a gathering soon.

I’m glad you are pleased with the result.

Ian

Back