RNS-D code entry procedure

kp 115

A2OC Donor
I’ve tried searching but have had no luck, can anyone shed any light on it,
I have the code already.
192 m (model)
Thanks Keith.

Use the app wheel to enter first number then push in to move to the next number If I remember correctly from my golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Spike
But I’ve read these & can’t find a reference to the rns-d procedure, I’m trying to test the unit I’ve acquired recently prior to modification to fit in the dash .
Many thanks again
Keith.

I'm sure the same procedures work on for all radio / satnav models. I replaced a Symphony I with RNS-D on my 2001 tdi and use the first method to load the code any time the battery has been disconnected

Cheers Spike

I'm sure the same procedures work on for all radio / satnav models. I replaced a Symphony I with RNS-D on my 2001 tdi and use the first method to load the code any time the battery has been disconnected

Cheers Spike
I’m following the exact same route with an
Mk2 RNS-D which doesn’t have the TDS button, when I power up on a bench supply
I get the 1000 come up & can then enter the code that came from the factory but I’m not sure what follows next or does it have to be installed / wired in to the car?
Cheers
Keith.

I’m following the exact same route with an
Mk2 RNS-D which doesn’t have the TDS button, when I power up on a bench supply
I get the 1000 come up & can then enter the code that came from the factory but I’m not sure what follows next or does it have to be installed / wired in to the car?
Cheers
Keith.

So you are stuck on the code screen?

Is your radio like this one?

OOPS Little of the normal radio coding procedure applies to the satnav

Just gone to the car, disconnected the battery then reset the RNS-D.

As Edwrai's video shows, once the code is entered, use the rotary knob again to highlight 'OK' then press to confirm

Cheers Spike

So you are stuck on the code screen?

Is your radio like this one?

Hi Edwrai,
Yes that’s the one, I can get the code in as per the clip in the link but I may have not entered the first digit as it was already on 1 .
Thanks for the link to the clip .
Keith.

OOPS Little of the normal radio coding procedure applies to the satnav

Just gone to the car, disconnected the battery then reset the RNS-D.

As Edwrai's video shows, once the code is entered, use the rotary knob again to highlight 'OK' then press to confirm

Cheers Spike
Thanks spike,
Don’t mess yours up though.

Keith.

Better have a look at the Code procedure from the manual

Cheers Spike

Attachments

• A2code017.pdf
    79.3 KB · Views: 348
Thanks Spike,
Do you know if it can be done on the bench successfully or does it have to be in the car?

Thanks
Keith.
Hi,
Just a note to say that this problem was down to a broken r/h button this has now been repaired & unit can now have the code entered correctly , just need to find the correct adapter to allow fitment in my car with 6 disk changer fitted.

Many thanks for all your help
Keith.

Hi spike,
Yes that’s the plan
Thanks
Keith.

I did the same upgrade many years ago and wondered if you knew about the add-on TMC module. If you have DIS, it provides the interface to display the sat nav instructions (junction directions and countdown etc) within the instrument cluster
For your installation. this link may be helpful, even though it's for the very similar A6 layout and will be a pain to extract the RNS-D bits -

Cheers Spike

Back