RNS-D Coding/Adaption - Please Help!

timmus

A2OC Donor
Hi folks,

I'm currently north of the border doing a retrofitting marathon for our Scottish members. I'm adding Bose to a car that has RNS-D. I wasn't aware the car in question had this head unit before I left home, meaning I didn't check the coding/adaption tables. My archaic laptop that I use for VCDS doesn't have ELSA installed due to its miniscule hard drive.

So, could somebody who's handy with ELSA please let me know what changes (coding and adaptions) I need to make to RNS-D (frequently listed as 'Navigation Plus') in order to fully configure the unit for Bose.
The pin-out sticker on the unit leads me to believe that there is no pin that needs tying to earth, but I could also do with this being confirmed if possible.

Many thanks,

Tom

Hi,

no BOSE configuration pin is listed that I can see. The only pin mentioning BOSE is the switched +ve turn on signal for the amp (pin 6, 20 pin connector).

I can't find any mention of adaption or coding for BOSE.

regards

Andrew

Hi Tom

On the 5 digit radio code, the 4th digit is '0' for none Bose and 1 with Bose

Cheers Spike

Think I may have supplied that PDF file in the distant past. Just be aware it suggests the 3rd digit is 1(normal for Bose cars) I initially used this and years later found it was the cause of a generated front speaker fault code. Changed it to 0 and all was fine.

For reference, my code is 00017 RNS-D with Bose and CD changer with DIS display

Last edited:
Back