RNS-D : where is the TMC box ?

fbi

I had a RNS-D as standard, but have retrofitted a RNS-E.
I have no information displayed in my DIS. After doing some research, mainly on A4 and A6 forums, I found the solution (I hope so!). The problem is the TMX box, since it acts also as a gateway to display information in the DIS using CAN BUS. The RNS-E does it itself. I have to bypass the TMC module (bridge antenna wires, and CAN wires aswell).

So, the question is : where is the TMC box in the A2 ?
I found something about the A-pillar on the German forum...

Thanks in advance :)

On UK-spec cars, it's mounted at the base of the right-hand-side A-pillar, just beneath where the wiring for the front-right door exits the car.

Cheers,

Tom

Thank you Tom !
Clear answer :)
I have had the glovebox off a few times... Maybe I saw the TMC, but I don't recall it. D'oh !

Thanks Spike, I had already printed that table, but most of the job is carried out by the Kutatec adaptor. I had just to take care of the CAN wires from and to the Cangate module (and the power feed of this module).
Anyway, everything is sorted out now :)
The TMC box is located way below the A-Pillar ! It's behind the door cill trim, next to the lower left corner of the right front door. It is bolted to the lower "lateral crossbar".
I removed it and did the bridging job, nothing appeard on the DIS :(
Did some resets of the RNS-E, still no luck.
Then, I removed it and unplud the replug the quadlock (hence power feed), and after re-entering the PIN code, hey bingo !!

Back