Seat won't stay upright.

Crgwal

A2OC Donor
Scotland
For some reason the pin that locks into the bracket on one of my rear seats won't fall down enough to secure the seat into place.

The level of the handle at the top is the same as the other working seat, it's just that the locking pin stops short for some reason.

Any idea? Needs fixed to pass MOT...

Attachments

• 20210304_180236.jpg
    20210304_180236.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 152
This thread contains lots of information on rear seat problems:
Worst-case, just remove the seat for the MOT. If it's not there it can't be tested :)

The solution is to put your weight on the rear of the seat, with the seat folded down and then to pull the lever on the bottom of the seat. Bouncing/moving does not help.
The description earlier was not clear (to me anyhow) about which lever to use. The lever for the base should be used.
It is much easier to get at if you remove the boot floor. Getting hands round the edge of the floor is a pain...

It was very easy once weight was applied to the rear of the seat. I pulled the lever and it clicked right back into place!

Copied from the abovementioned comprehensive thread.

The solution is to put your weight on the rear of the seat, with the seat folded down and then to pull the lever on the bottom of the seat. Bouncing/moving does not help.
The description earlier was not clear (to me anyhow) about which lever to use. The lever for the base should be used.
It is much easier to get at if you remove the boot floor. Getting hands round the edge of the floor is a pain...

It was very easy once weight was applied to the rear of the seat. I pulled the lever and it clicked right back into place!

Copied from the abovementioned comprehensive thread.

Thanks so much, that explained it well. Fixed it in 20seconds!

Sure i had this with my 5 seater (they should never have made the 5 seat version in my op)

If memory serves me right i ended up slamming the seat upright into place as hard as i could, what a game must be an easier, methodical way!!!

Back